Free OSX App to create MPC programs from freesound.org samples :)

• beat this! (oct 2-3) signup begins in...

redsquares

Hi y'all

I recently posted on reddit about my free OSX app and @OGBama told me to post it here as well!

My app is currently for OSX only, and M1/M2 processors, however, more will come soon, and if any of you knows how to compile python into windows and intel macs, drop me a line :)
This app allows you to seach for a sample (e.g "lofi kick", "foley", "dogs", etc) and when you press a pad, it will fetch you a sound from freesound.org and places it on that pad, normalized. Then you can use the start and end sliders if you want to select just a part from the sample. Pressing play will allow you to hear that sample. Pressing the pad again, will load a new random sample into that pad.

You can also fill the pads without samples with new samples using fill.

After you are done, you can export it as a kit for your MPC, and it will create a folder with your program and the samples (you can even use the samples separately for other stuff if you want).

It´s a great way to get some inspiring samples into your MPC.

All you need is a freesound.org account (free) and then get an API Key from them (free)

I just started a reddit community for this app at : https://www.reddit.com/r/mpc_program_creator/
Here you can find a small manual on how to use it , and some information.

This way i can have an idea of how many people are using it , and its a way to keep in touch for updates and stuff.
Even if you only have windows PC, soon i plan to have it available for all OSs. (Maybe even android, to get some kits while you're commuting to work).

In the end, if you find it useful, and worth buying me a coffee, buy me a coffee ;)

Here is a small video of the app running :

Check it out, and PM me if you have any questions!

Happy beatmaking!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    618.9 KB · Views: 6

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys figured this community could use a lot more people that can make it more awesome, hence why I brought @redsquares on

OGBama

Big Clit Energy