FL and Pro Tools

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am currently using FL Studio Producer Edition v4.5.2 and I was wondering if using it with Pro Tools would give me any advantage. I want to learn how to use Pro Tools because of the industry standard that it is so I can easily import my sessions to studios. Also, if I install FL Studio Producer Edition V5 over my current version, will I lose my projects and samples. Thanks for anyone who can help. Peace!

ill o.g.
From what I know about FL, you won't lose any projects. Pro tools is aight, its just want some people in the industry made it to be "A Standard". Its not the best program, its mostly for audio not MIDI. Not to say learning it won't benefit you, it would. But, there are alot of DAW out their that will outshine Pro Toolz anyday. Like MOTU Digital Performer, Cubase SX, Sonar 4...blah blah blah

ghostmusic

ill o.g.
-JG- said:
Don't you need special hardware to run Pro Tools?
Yeah but if you buy pro tools it will come with it's own audio interface, unless you buy MPowered, and then you will need to get one of the MAudio interfaces.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
Studiophile1234 said:
From what I know about FL, you won't lose any projects. Pro tools is aight, its just want some people in the industry made it to be "A Standard". Its not the best program, its mostly for audio not MIDI. Not to say learning it won't benefit you, it would. But, there are alot of DAW out their that will outshine Pro Toolz anyday. Like MOTU Digital Performer, Cubase SX, Sonar 4...blah blah blah

very true i was about to say the same shit certain peeps use fl for industry standard beats a beat is a beat as long as it is good quality its not a problem

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
dj360_iNfInItE1 said:
I am currently using FL Studio Producer Edition v4.5.2 and I was wondering if using it with Pro Tools would give me any advantage. I want to learn how to use Pro Tools because of the industry standard that it is so I can easily import my sessions to studios. Also, if I install FL Studio Producer Edition V5 over my current version, will I lose my projects and samples. Thanks for anyone who can help. Peace!

If i were you i wouldnt save my projects in the fruity folder (bad karma),, save them as .zip's in a seperate folder and back them up so often...

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Studiophile1234 said:
WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i have read some ridiculous things in my time, but anyone trying to say sx and sonar 4 are better programs than pro tools is fucking insane.........i dont even know where to start with that.....its hard to find a single area those things outshine pro tools....especially if this guy that started the thread is talking about using it as a rewire for final mixdown program...........this is not like a technics vs vestax pdx deck battle.....protools is without doubt the industry standard for a reason........1000's of sound engineers who make alot of money each year because of the cleanliness of their engineering, and are madly adamant about having to use the best programs, with the best sound, cannot be wrong..............pro tools, especially at the more expenisve levels absolutely destroys those other programs you talk of

i can understand some people wanting to use other programs to write tracks, only because they may find it quicker to use simpler programs, but for final mixdown its not even a fucking question, for pure capabilities and power, for anything but speed of use for simple beats....pro tools leads the pack by a mile

E

Equality 7-2521

^^^agreed.

people need to realise that Pro Tools was not made for Hiphop producers and therefor other programs may suit their simplistic needs better. Pro Tools is predominantly a recording, post production, mixing and mastering program for professional audio engineers. That is the market it is aimed at. There are a few programs which have features that PT doesnt have a viceversa but the fact of the matter is that no other program touches PT when it comes to performing the tasks PT was specifically made to perform...and thats why it is staple equipment in top studios all over the world.

that being said, PT is dope for producing beats in too. It can do pretty much anything that any other program can do, minus a few insignificant things. People complain about its MIDI capabilities but generally these people havent even fucked with PT MIDI cos if they had, they would realise it is more than sufficient to produce the music they produce.

and thats the whole thing with PT, people bag it because they havnt delved even slightly into its depths. either they have tried it out at a mates house or in a studio breifly or they are simply guessing. Very few people actually go out and buy PT and are not satisfied with their purchase. so theres no point bagging a program if you are completely ignorant of what it is capable of. If however you are completely aware of what it is capable of and you still think its garbage, then good luck finding a better program.

so to your original questions dj360, yes using PT with Fruity WILL be advantagous as PT is regarded as the best mixing and mastering software in the world....and it is....provided you actually know how to use it.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
well as you say pt is what the so called super producers use but as for making your stuff sound clean i dunno if you know how to use other programs well you can make your shit sound clean its been proven but if your gonna get the program do it but some peeps i know it took them a week just to set it up not as in they didn't know what they was doing but the program takes time to get the shit set up to the way you want it so make sure you know exactly how you want your shit set