Finding a job

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Anyone else out there having trouble finding a job? Man, I'm having such a bitch of a time finding work right now. I've applied to so many places and I can't catch a break! WTF? I've been out of work for months now and I'm going nuts.

What about you?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I got a shitty job right now.. but my brother signed up to some agency and they found him a job at sears. he gets 8 something an hour, but in a few months he gets a nice raise.. something to look into.

J

jbit24

Ya that shit can get tuff yo. Don't let that shit get you down. Stay up.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL

Yeah I did find something but it only lasted a week or so because I hurt my back. I had an injury from about 10 years ago and since then I haven't been able to lift or pull heavy stuff. They didn't tell me that the job was very physical.

So now I'm looking for something else.

B

buzz

Finding a job absolutely sucks. I temped for a while out of college about two years ago, and things were nice. The temp agencies were even going to welfare and unemployment offices to find staff. Ex-cons, junkies, idiots - anyone with a pulse could make $10 and hour back then.

Now it's harder. I quit a permanent job that absolutely was intolerable last winter - I thought I'd find one immediately. Shit wasn't so easy - I even went back to the temps, and they didn't have shit. Luckily I got what I have now. Back when I was temping, a friend of mine was making $40 and hour doing web design in San Francisco as contract work. The same thing happened - about six months ago he found he couldn't find work anymore. Shit's like a mini depression in the bay area - even rent is getting cheaper up there. After six months of unemployment, he finally found work doing the same thing as me - working in a university. Benefits are good, and at least the place won't go out of business, nahmean?