Feb22nd - Feb29th

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Ive got one coming...cats are kinda up and down on the flips, you know how hip hop heads do... but for the most part, they've been doing pretty good lately. I'll leave you a review after I finish mine up...I don't wanna listen yet.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
yeah yeah word, looking forward to hearing some other flips. appreciate you putting up these samples each week by the way, nice one

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok I threw this together really fast, I wanted to get more creative but time is killing me...

http://soundcloud.com/dacalionbeats/prayer-dance

@ Precog - dope ass flip! I'm really feeling this...your bassline is fire! Your melody is sick too, great job!

@ DaProphet - very eclectic beat! The right MC would make this joint bananas! I like this alot too. I'd say the sample is totally unrecognizable in this. Very good work imo.

Precog: I am feeling your flip. The groove got my head nodding.

Prophet: I like how the bass is kinda set back rather than right up front in the mix. The beat is different and cool.

Dac: You murdered the intro of the sample. Didn't even wanna touch the intro after hearing yours.

Here's mine this week. Had some trouble deciding where I wanted to go so it's a little cluttered. Check it out though.

http://soundcloud.com/user8988974/prayer-dance-sample

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
da prophet - nice use of the vocals, like the way it kind of breaks down when they come in. nice flip man, feeling the drums got good bounce.

dacalion - ahhh got that warm vinyl feeling from the start, love it!! feeling this more and more as it went on, nice variation as well throughout, dope flip son

djfeedme - this is why i love the flips man, totally different direction with this one. proper chilled out vibe but makes me wanna dance too. liked the way you fucks with the pitches as well of the sample, really feeling this man good work!!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@crysis - All I needed was one dope changeup and I would've wanted to spit on this...and I CAN'T spit! What you did flip was dope as fu*&! Throw a changeup or two in there.

Mike Black

ManBitesDogRecords
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
crysis-dope vibe...I like that quick switchup after every 8th bar as well. The right MC would punish it.

djfeedme-very creative use of the samples. Like the switchups. This joint put me in a crazy zone. Bigups.

Dac-Mad chill vibe bro. Dig the bassline. I could lounge to this all day with a nice blunt rolled.

prophet-another creative approach with the samples. Nice vocal chops. Bet this joint thumps with the right speakers.

Precog-got that 90s influence that i love. That snare is Mean! Overall good vibe, no complaints.

*Wish I had more time to work on my joint...But hey, that’s college life—>Mad busy.

All in all, Love these sample flips. Everyone brings their own vibe & creative approach, and I respect that. Salute!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
crysis - dope! the added changeup gives this beat another dimension...damn good work.

Mike Black - fire! you killed that flute, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.