Eps/mpc Quantizing/timing Correct

ill o.g.
You know how on the MPC, when you puch in a 4 bar loop, it quantizes it by the next time the loop comes around. But on the EPS16+ you hafto press quantize track, after you finish recording and stop your sequence. You hafto do each track individually. This is one thing i really dont like about the EPS16+. Does anybody know of a way that i can have it quantize my shit live, like on the mpc?

D

DaFunkDocta2004

To my knowledge, quantizing can't be done live on the EPS 16+, and I've had mine for 12 years. When I got my MPC, that quantizing was convenient, but I was also used to how the EPS worked. In fact, working with the EPS so long has made me a little more efficient on the MP.

ill o.g.
Thanks Doc,

i think the mpc is more for getting all your sounds into it then making a beat. Cuz you can make a beat real quick on the mpc. Right in the studio if you hafto. With the EPS it takes a lot longer. Its a lot more do a little bit, then tweak it. Add this. Fix this. Record another track. tweak it. re-do the first track. go back and add this to that sound...etc...

This kind of thing is good in some cases, but i would like to not take an hour to get a nice layout goin.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
helix said:
Thanks Doc,

i think the mpc is more for getting all your sounds into it then making a beat. Cuz you can make a beat real quick on the mpc. Right in the studio if you hafto. With the EPS it takes a lot longer. Its a lot more do a little bit, then tweak it. Add this. Fix this. Record another track. tweak it. re-do the first track. go back and add this to that sound...etc...

This kind of thing is good in some cases, but i would like to not take an hour to get a nice layout goin.

You should've listened when I tried to give you the pros and cons of the damn thang!Now teach me how to chop dammit (lol)

ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
You should've listened when I tried to give you the pros and cons of the damn thang!Now teach me how to chop dammit (lol)

you still wanna know how to chop shit or were you jokin?

Doc,
Do you know if the EPS16+ can truncate samples, or delete the parts of samples that your not using to make room for more memry?

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
helix said:

Doc,
Do you know if the EPS16+ can truncate samples, or delete the parts of samples that your not using to make room for more memry?

I still need to know how to chop samples, you can truncate the samples I know how to do that, COMMMAND>WAVE>TRUNCATE

D

DaFunkDocta2004

helix said:
Thanks Doc,

Well, I can honestly say that I can work almost as fast on the 16+ as the MPC, I just get the sound quality I want out of the MPC a little more. I can make complete tracks on the thing myself. Especially with that Auto-Chromatic feature! Wow. I'm shopping for a midi kybd now, but I won't throw away my knowledge of the EPS, though. And the way you can literally slice something into so many pieces across all the keys is still crazy. The effects in the board are priceless. So I can't knock either machine---ANY machine really--cuz cats I know are still making me run home to grind when I hear some stuff from a MIRAGE.

helix said:

Doc,

Oh yeah, of course. There's a "Truncate" command/feature under "Edit".

ill o.g.
DaFunkDocta2004 said:
Oh yeah, of course. There's a "Truncate" command/feature under "Edit".

I tried to find it. Im havin trouble. Do you know the exact shortcut? Like "COMMMAND>INSTRUMENT>WAVE>WAVE" or somethin like that. Cuz theres three spaces on my screen that always say "888". I think that spots burnt out or somethin. Its hard to figure out what its tellin me.But i really need to use this feature.

D

DaFunkDocta2004

helix said:
I tried to find it. Im havin trouble. Do you know the exact shortcut? Like "COMMMAND>INSTRUMENT>WAVE>WAVE" or somethin like that. Cuz theres three spaces on my screen that always say "888". I think that spots burnt out or somethin. Its hard to figure out what its tellin me.But i really need to use this feature.

Damn, see, I don't even have my board in front of me! I could do it in my sleep, though...OHHHH, I got it...go to EDIT then INSTRUMENT and scroll to the right until you see "Sample Start (01)" and scroll once more to the right to see "Sample End". That's where you do the actual editing. Then go to Command>Instrument, scroll to Truncate Wavesample, and press enter to edit that sound. If I got any of the terms wrong for the EDIT/Instrument part, let me know.

ill o.g.
Alright. I found it.

But when i see "truncate wavesample" and i press yes, it says: "NO EDIT 888 SELECTED". I dont know what this means, or what im supposed to do.

D

DaFunkDocta2004

helix said:
Alright. I found it.

But when i see "truncate wavesample" and i press yes, it says: "NO EDIT 888 SELECTED". I dont know what this means, or what im supposed to do.

Odd. Did you choose that command after you trimmed it in "Sample Start" and "Sample End"?

ill o.g.
I figured out what was goin on. You know when you press EDIT, and it shows what wavesample you have selected? Maybe you got 3 samples under 1 instrument/track. Then you can either select "ALL, 1, 2, or 3" I had it on ALL. When i selcted a number though (1,2, or 3) it worked.

Thanks for your help. Ima post a couple tracks i made off this soon.

PEACE

D

DaFunkDocta2004

helix said:
I figured out what was goin on. You know when you press EDIT, and it shows what wavesample you have selected? Maybe you got 3 samples under 1 instrument/track. Then you can either select "ALL, 1, 2, or 3" I had it on ALL. When i selcted a number though (1,2, or 3) it worked.

Thanks for your help. Ima post a couple tracks i made off this soon.

PEACE

Oh, very common mistake.

members online