DJ Premier ft. COMMON - In Moe (Speculation)

• beat this! voting starts in...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Goddamnit @Dusty B this is proof Hip Hop lives.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Personally, they are on the same level to me.
The difference between Dre and Premo is: Premo never stopped producing bangers.

Dre is a legend but it is completely irrelevant what is on his harddisks. If he is is not releasing shit it was just a waste of his and other artists time.

Yeah I think Dre has become such a perfectionist that it’s become unhealthy.
I remember an issue with some kind of performance anxiety on the game of darts where a player couldn’t throw the dart. All of a sudden he couldn’t release the dart from his hand.
Makes me think Dre struggles to release his tracks because it’s not to his level.

Love Dre of course but imagine being an artist and loving the beat you rapped over but Dre isn’t feeling it, shit man!

Similar happened with Rakim and Dre.

Last edited:
The difference between Dre and Premo is: Premo never stopped producing bangers.

Dre is a legend but it is completely irrelevant what is on his harddisks. If he is is not releasing shit it was just a waste of his and other artists time.
They both have their own very unique styles, both are musical geniuses, both have great backcatalogues, I cant choose between them.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I have a lot of respect for Premo and he may even itch out the win as it relates to the impact and influence on hip-hop. But I think Dre > Premo for making hip-hop mainstream and what it is today. I don't think many non-die hard folks would know Premo if it wasn't for Dre (i.e. popularizing beatmaking/producing). If we keep pulling that thread, I don't think many people would know Eminem if it wasn't for Dre, and many wouldn't know Dre if it wasn't for Eminem (and keep going down the line of Death Row/Aftermath artists). Premo is obviously up there when it comes to hip-hop and his beats, but not close when it comes to music-overall impact and being a full blown producer and business man like Dre. My $0.02 anyways.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
I have a lot of respect for Premo and he may even itch out the win as it relates to the impact and influence on hip-hop. But I think Dre > Premo for making hip-hop mainstream and what it is today. I don't think many non-die hard folks would know Premo if it wasn't for Dre (i.e. popularizing beatmaking/producing). If we keep pulling that thread, I don't think many people would know Eminem if it wasn't for Dre, and many wouldn't know Dre if it wasn't for Eminem (and keep going down the line of Death Row/Aftermath artists). Premo is obviously up there when it comes to hip-hop and his beats, but not close when it comes to music-overall impact and being a full blown producer and business man like Dre. My $0.02 anyways.
I don't want to downplay Dre's achievements.

But I have to keep it 100. I feel he owes us many albums.

Want that Rakim album, Reakwon and countless more.

It's okay if they are not perfect but give us that shit Dre.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I don't want to downplay Dre's achievements.

But I have to keep it 100. I feel he owes us many albums.

Want that Rakim album, Reakwon and countless more.

It's okay if they are not perfect but give us that shit Dre.
yeah that's fair. I have a feeling they won't just disappear. He's too big to eventually have that shit released (if it exists) because it'll make a ton of money. Maybe 40 years from now when he passes his kids or whoever takes over his label will release haha.

is there a list of all the projects that got canned? I didn't realize there was a Dre/rakim album that got scrapped