DJ Babu on reason

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
just watched the interview and the demonstration...he doin some nice stuff on reason. I remember readin the article with him in scratch and he was talkin bout how he used it also. I am glad they are showing you can use reason for samples also.

T

TheMost

where is it on the site?

EDit... ok i got it, pretty cool. tahnks for the heads up. That beat is banging too

T

TheMost

Why does he put the scream on top of the maering suite? And what does the scream do for him extra compression? I always thought it was more of chorus and distotion.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The scream is a distortion device, but it has many uses. A tad bit of distortion can add warmth to the track. Thats what he uses with the tape setting, just adding a tad bit. If you want it to be thicker you can use the tube setting. But just a tad bit on the masting bus does warm up the beat. I have used this for a while.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The scream is a distortion device, but it has many uses. A tad bit of distortion can add warmth to the track. Thats what he uses with the tape setting, just adding a tad bit. If you want it to be thicker you can use the tube setting. But just a tad bit on the masting bus does warm up the beat. I have used this for a while.

I would agree on this, i liked the fact that he showed the difference between the sound quality with out the scream and Mclass and then with, Most Definitely a good post!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah most def this was a good vid
i just wished he went into detail wit the setting

he explained alot i got some get info out it,
if you're talking about how he chopped it who care's i could reproduce that track that sample he used was all Hits, fuckn deep.good shit thou

those drums were phat.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
yeah it was good
but im gonna have to play it again and pause it just to see the setting
everything else was good though
im not worry about how he chopped it
ive been pass that stage about 10years ago hahaha
i just wanted to see the nob settings
but basically its all in ya ear
but i like that setup and ive used it on some of my beats that are on

www.myspace.com/wawbeatz

but im just wondering is they a way to have that saved as my default setting?
so i dont have to keep going threw setting it up
so when i open my reason its already set up that way

oh yeah kontent GET THAT VID DONE MAN
HAHAHA

Deadbeat

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
No matter what settings you're after, so long as you setup your rack the way you want and then save that as a .rns you can edit your preferences to always open up to that customized rack by default.

Or are you referring to something else?

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
ok ok
i just watch the vid sober hahaha
and he did break it down
that vid was breezie hot
i wish there was more vids like this

oh dead beat
thanx