DEEP South Trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Somebody explain to me why the fuck do these cats ride around with there driver's door open, and why they put big wads of dough on there dash board? WTF, classic, craig anybody explain that to me! Why do country artists make songs about shit northerners been doing for years, i.e. Nelly's Air Force ONe's we been rocking them joints since 88-89 my freshman yr. in high school, and white tees, philly cats first put me on to them in '97, why!!!

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Cuz ..... it's way slower out there ..... there country! LOL ...... believe me, the shit that they do in the south we been doing out here in the Bay Area for years ...... I compare it like america to europe. Just a little behind.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
MadScientist said:
Cuz ..... it's way slower out there ..... there country! LOL ...... believe me, the shit that they do in the south we been doing out here in the Bay Area for years ...... I compare it like america to europe. Just a little behind.

Cali be killing it with the whips. My boy got this DVD with niggas on motorcycles and shit, but also cats doing burnouts and shit with Caddi Escalades on 24's til they spinning out on the rims sparks flying and shit!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Nah we got our own flavor down here too I dont know what you talkin bout mad I dont see nothin in the south thats even close to the Bay Area kenfolk but you are right its slow out here everything's chill, Nelly's from the midwest which is even slower than the slow southern cities so thats prolly whats up with the airforce 1 thing I stopped rockin them back in middle school. We got our own style though G-code is ree's and t's, our own slang, slabs, gold teeth, ol school's wit big ass rims & much beat, screw, crunk whateva. i aint neva seen nobody ride around wit wads of cash on the dashboard or their doors open kenfolk, remeber though in the south its all about flawsin but not everything you see in the videos is how it is down here ya understand them niggas from down here that get on act up in them videos for real but you not gonna really see nothin like that if you came out here (well maybe in atl j/k lol).

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
I never said you didn't have your own flavor .... I'm sure the south is going to put there own twist on it but there are a lot of influences from the bay ..... believe me ... I got boys that live down there in Tex, Atl and Louisiana. Every state is also different in the south but I'm just making a general statement.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Craig Gantt said:
Nah we got our own flavor down here too I dont know what you talkin bout mad I dont see nothin in the south thats even close to the Bay Area kenfolk but you are right its slow out here everything's chill, Nelly's from the midwest which is even slower than the slow southern cities so thats prolly whats up with the airforce 1 thing I stopped rockin them back in middle school. We got our own style though G-code is ree's and t's, our own slang, slabs, gold teeth, ol school's wit big ass rims & much beat, screw, crunk whateva. i aint neva seen nobody ride around wit wads of cash on the dashboard or their doors open kenfolk, remeber though in the south its all about flawsin but not everything you see in the videos is how it is down here ya understand them niggas from down here that get on act up in them videos for real but you not gonna really see nothin like that if you came out here (well maybe in atl j/k lol).

Naw brother I was just talking about the motorcycle dvd, I just got back from 7 days in ATL and my lil bro just moved to Orlando, we were comparing notes, I seen the wads of cash and the riding with the doors open with my own eyes fam!!! From what I can tell from my own experience Cali owns that car shit, followed by the south, but those styles creep up to N.C. and Va and Maryland, cats around my way in the last few years have taken to Regals and Cutlasses and Chevy's on 22's, ya'll been doing that shit for a minute! we STILL on ACURAS and LEXUS's around my way, but my dad had an 89 Impala he sold to his Son in Law and he tricked that bitch out with Candy TV's and 22's but it is still new up here for real! But ClOTHES you can forget up north got it on lock with the Gear!

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Do you know what a scraper is? here is something I took from a web site .....

"u see in that deep east oakland cali we call all GM cars from 1985 to 1990 scrapers we ride them with big rims and big woofers in the trunk and put A1 suspension thats low in the back and hi in the front with the world famous whistle tips only in oakland they ride em with whistle and secret compartments holdin that pistole thats how we ride with all 4 door kicked open at the side show stunnin drinkin remy and hipnotiq you know what i mean mix it with brown and watch the shit turn green"

Attachments

• scraper.jpg
    scraper.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 94
  • scraper2.jpg
    scraper2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 94

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
MadScientist said:
Do you know what a scraper is? here is something I took from a web site .....

"u see in that deep east oakland cali we call all GM cars from 1985 to 1990 scrapers we ride them with big rims and big woofers in the trunk and put A1 suspension thats low in the back and hi in the front with the world famous whistle tips only in oakland they ride em with whistle and secret compartments holdin that pistole thats how we ride with all 4 door kicked open at the side show stunnin drinkin remy and hipnotiq you know what i mean mix it with brown and watch the shit turn green"

in VA the boys jack up the back so it's higher than the front, i feel you on the exhaust they usually get they lil Edelbrook Flowmaster exhaust going or what have you, some leave there regals classic, some put em on twinkies! Why they leave the door open though so you can check out the interior or something! I was with this bitch riding around ATL, I drive an Acura she was like down here that's a bitch car, I swear she got hot at every Caprice, or box styled car she saw,like she wanted to fuck the car!

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
I was with this bitch riding around ATL, I drive an Acura she was like down here that's a bitch car, I swear she got hot at every Caprice, or box styled car she saw,like she wanted to fuck the car!

LMAO!! That's crazy!!!! it's just what the style is down there ... I guess. yeah we've been on that caprice shit out here since back in the days .....

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i am out here in alabama, but we mostly roll cutlasses or regals wit candy paint thats about it and wit some screw music blastin in da trunk, it is a little slow out here, but every thing comes and goes, when every time something up north goes out of style it becomes the new shit down here thats how it is, but we do have our own flava and shit, but i like the country love tho.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadScientist said:
Cuz ..... it's way slower out there ..... there country! LOL
Naw man, first off let u know there is a big difference between being southern and country. Im very southern but im not country at all. I grew up in the city, I don’t know anything about no chickens or farms and shit. There aint nothing slow about my city, im not tryin to turn this into a “who’s harder” thread but tampa is on some REAL shit Growin up in any city in flordia, tampa,Miami,Jacksonville. You have to grow up fast man, shit is crazy. Tampa has a very high murder rate do to the gang wars(its a lot like Baltimore) so u have to grow up fast. I would love to take you up north cats to where I grew up(jordern park) and have one of yall say we are slow….
MadScientist said:
I compare it like america to europe. Just a little behind.
WTF?!?! That’s some crazy ish to say scientist. Like I said many times before we have our own culture down here. Which is more than I can say for most of the hip hop world.
Besides the westcoast and the south, everyone else rides NY’s dick. Dudes from everywhere else try to dress, talk, and act like they are from NY. Don’t get me wrong, I got love for NY dudes but when I was coming up I couldent give a fuck about some tim’s or jayz or nas. I could care less about dre or snoop and any of their styles. We had our own shit!!! Just because we don’t jump on the hip hop bangwangon dosent make us slow. That shit is for the birds!!!!!!
jaydub23510 said:
Why do country artists make songs about shit northerners been doing for years, i.e. Nelly's Air Force ONe's we been rocking them joints since 88-89 my freshman yr. in high school, and white tees, philly cats first put me on to them in '97, why!!!
Actually jaydub if u want to get technical about it. Most of the styles that you see in hip hop orginated from the south. Were do u think 95% of African americnas are from man???? Blacks only started to migrate to the north in the 40’s 50’s 60’s ask any black person in the north where they father or grandfather is from. 100% of them will say the south. Where the hell do u think ballin and show boating originated from man?!?! We have doing that shit for YEARS. Think about it man.

As far as cars are concerned in FLA we ride them HEAVY Chevy’s and CARPRICES and IMPALAS

class...

P.S yall just mad casue we got the finest women in the world down here

Attachments

• ThaBody.jpg
    ThaBody.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 94
  • tn_xa_ECXamber_01.jpg
    tn_xa_ECXamber_01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 4134e7e8a6088.jpg
    4134e7e8a6088.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 98
ill o.g.
classic said:
Naw man, first off let u know there is a big difference between being southern and country. Im very southern but im not country at all. I grew up in the city, I don’t know anything about no chickens or farms and shit. There aint nothing slow about my city, im not tryin to turn this into a “who’s harder” thread but tampa is on some REAL shit Growin up in any city in flordia, tampa,Miami,Jacksonville. You have to grow up fast man, shit is crazy. Tampa has a very high murder rate do to the gang wars(its a lot like Baltimore) so u have to grow up fast. I would love to take you up north cats to where I grew up(jordern park) and have one of yall say we are slow….

WTF?!?! That’s some crazy ish to say scientist. Like I said many times before we have our own culture down here. Which is more than I can say for most of the hip hop world.
Besides the westcoast and the south, everyone else rides NY’s dick. Dudes from everywhere else try to dress, talk, and act like they are from NY. Don’t get me wrong, I got love for NY dudes but when I was coming up I couldent give a fuck about some tim’s or jayz or nas. I could care less about dre or snoop and any of their styles. We had own shit!!! Just because we don’t jump on the hip hop bangwangon dosent make us slow. That shit is for the birds!!!!!!

Actually jaydub if u want to get technical about it. Most of the styles that you see in hip hop orginated from the south. Were do u think 95% of African americnas are from man???? Blacks only started to migrate to the north in the 40’s 50’s 60’s ask any black person in the north where they father or grandfather is from. 100% of them will say the south. Where the hell do u think ballin and show boating originated from man?!?! We have doing that shit for YEARS. Think about it man.

As far as cars are concerned in FLA we ride them HEAVY Chevy’s and CARPRICES and IMPALAS

class...

P.S yall just mad casue we got the finest women in the world down here

Damn. That was one of the nicest posts i seen in a while. Well spoken.

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i just want to say... i am in NY right now doin most of my work out of Brooklyn and Manhattan... i got cats coming into the studio from all over and have worked with just quite a few different people... the best clients and the coolest artists/producers coming through are usually from the south... no offense to anyone, but new york cats spend too much time and effort trying to be cool and harder than the next guy... i lived down in florida for like 8 years... its a whole different world... depending on the town you are in, you can sometimes see that people are just followin with what they see in the mags and on tv... and there are some towns where you can just totally see they all got there own thing goin on and they arent all tied up in what everyone else somewhere else is doing...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
man, i dident mean to come off like an ass in the last post, I just hate it when people try to pigeon hole the south into one homogenous culture. Every state is different and each city within that state has its own culture. (Ex. tampa and Jacksonville cats can’t stand each other.)

Texas has a Totally different vibe then Florida. Those cats in Louisiana are on some other ish!!! Lol

People dont realise that, Southern culture has birthed every form or modern American music, (jazz,blues,rock &roll,gospel,ragtime R&B ,country,soul,funk,etc…..)

Its funny cause cats will sit up there and call us “country” or “slow”, (which is false by the way) but they don’t realize that without southern black culture we wouldn’t be sitting here today chatting about hip hop.

Class…..

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
man, i dident mean to come off like an ass in the last post, I just hate it when people try to pigeon hole the south into one homogenous culture. Every state is different and each city within that state has its own culture. (Ex. tampa and Jacksonville cats can’t stand each other.)

Texas has a Totally different vibe then Florida. Those cats in Louisiana are on some other ish!!! Lol

People dont realise that, Southern culture has birthed every form or modern American music, (jazz,blues,rock &roll,gospel,ragtime R&B ,country,soul,funk,etc…..)

Its funny cause cats will sit up there and call us “country” or “slow”, (which is false by the way) but they don’t realize that without southern black culture we wouldn’t be sitting here today chatting about hip hop.

Class…..

I feel what you saying Class, but my niggas rock tims in the summer and winter and shit, Va as we've said before follow the Ny trends more as far as clothes and shit, and New Yorkers think the rest of the country is country, Dallas is a huge fucking city, and to a New Yorker that shit is country, I don't agree with that, this broad I work with is from NY and she has never seen some of these cities I've traveled too so when I got back I was talking with her about what was going on in other cities and she couldn't believe it, like when I said it be more regular bitches at the strip club than niggas, it's just a different mentalility. Now I met some cats from Alabama, 95% of Georgia, South Carolina, Louisiana, and the majority of the south, and they have a cooler demeanor than cats up north, they on some pimpin shit down south for real!! but one thang that made me realize southern cats weren't that behind on shit was when I went to Baton Rouge, the GIRBAUD jeans hadn't hit hard in my city yet, so I was staying down there at Southern University for 2 weeks, and everybody was wearing Girbaud's so me and my VA crew we were joking the folks, cause they were rocking Reeboks and Girbauds, and We were rocking AIR Foce ONe's when I got back to VA, GRAND PUBA (I'll never forget it) had a line in his song where he talked about Tommy Hill shirts and Girbaud jeans, I felt stupid here we were joking on these kids and they knew what was up before us, after that the next couple of weeks, I started seeing mad people rock Girbaud's and I've been fucking with them ever since!

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i don't think i am ever gonna get why it matters what everyone else is "rockin"... what does it matter what flippin name is on your jeans... or what series of damn sneakers you have... what ever happened to buying something because you liked them, or maybe found them comfortable... you won't ever find me wearing something just because its whats happening... or because it's what is in a damn song or on a video... fuck that... i guess that just means i will always just be "slow"... just give me a pair of Levi's and a pair of Sketchers or Doc Martins... and why... because they are comfortable and you can beat the shit out them and they keep on going... who gives a shit what the crew down the street is all wearing... there is no originality to just wearing the same shit... maybe we should just hand out uniforms for everyone and then just have some rapper tell everyone that it is the shit... then everyone will love there uniforms and freak out if they don't have one yet... hehehe

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SyN said:
i don't think i am ever gonna get why it matters what everyone else is "rockin"... what does it matter what flippin name is on your jeans... or what series of damn sneakers you have... what ever happened to buying something because you liked them, or maybe found them comfortable... you won't ever find me wearing something just because its whats happening... or because it's what is in a damn song or on a video... fuck that... i guess that just means i will always just be "slow"... just give me a pair of Levi's and a pair of Sketchers or Doc Martins... and why... because they are comfortable and you can beat the shit out them and they keep on going... who gives a shit what the crew down the street is all wearing... there is no originality to just wearing the same shit... maybe we should just hand out uniforms for everyone and then just have some rapper tell everyone that it is the shit... then everyone will love there uniforms and freak out if they don't have one yet... hehehe

I feel what you're saying Syn, but I'm a clothes freak, and I like shoes (no homo), I try to rock shit before it becomes mainstream, that's me and my clicks thing right there, I was the first around my way to do a lot of shit as far as clothes, and the bitches love that shit, I go out a lot and around my way you gotta stay fresh, especially when I was in school bitches and biting ass niggas would ask me all the time where I got my stuff from so they could cop them! I feel you on comfort, hell I still rock Wallabees especially to work cause they are comfortable as hell, and that's why I rock AF'1's cause they are comfortable to me, I wouldn't cop something just because it's in style for the moment, I cop it cause it's a quality and classy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online