Declik- Emmouni 006 ( beat/instru)

Declik

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 60
Hola la famille des beatmakers
I just want to share. a track . I can't really explained what kind of style is it . Anyone with some terms of type of style would ba appreciated .
Take care all of you ..
Working for the next war :)

Last edited:
I wouldnt know what genre to call this, I think it would suit an RnB singer though and could be borderline RnB.
Doesnt sound up the mixing standard of some of your other stuff Ive heard, I think you could utilise panning a bit on some of the sounds.
Also the bass is slightly muddy, but its only slight. My only criticisms would be to do with the mix, everything else is cool to me.

Declik

Beatmaker
I wouldnt know what genre to call this, I think it would suit an RnB singer though and could be borderline RnB.
Doesnt sound up the mixing standard of some of your other stuff Ive heard, I think you could utilise panning a bit on some of the sounds.
Also the bass is slightly muddy, but its only slight. My only criticisms would be to do with the mix, everything else is cool to me.
Thanks for listening , I am grateful . Indeed the mix need to be improved :)
Thanks for those precious advices I appreciate .

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
Hola la famille des beatmakers
I just want to share. a track . I can't really explained what kind of style is it . Anyone with some terms of type of style would ba appreciated .
Take care all of you ..
Working for the next war :)

dunno what genre this is, it's tuff tho.

Like 2g said eithe ran RNB ballad type shit over the top of this. OR imho, one of those highhh register EDM singer chicks.

This feels almost like some DnB, Dubstep, Trap hybrid.

I love that impact/stringhit whatever. Is that a sample or what?

I think that vocal needs a louder verb/delay on it, maybe lowpassed. Or maybe like a higher register version.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Electronica/Pop
That's the genre I'd put it in. The drums are very trap/dub, but that style has been pretty heavily co-opted by the mainstream at this point. Also, the chord progression is very alt-pop in nature. I could easily hear Imagine Dragons or something of the sort on this.

Speaking of the co-opted trap beats. I am the furthest thing from a trap fan. Sorry, but the hats and 808s just do nothing for me.

As mentioned, mix needs some work. Otherwise, there are some very cool elements in here. I will say I do like the "complextro" style chopping and puzzle piecing of several elements to create a line.

My three main pieces of critique would be the intro synth pad, vocal chops, and Strings .

Vocals:
need some reverb/delay or something. they are thin and the release is very sharp. Not sure what the equivalent would be in other DAWs but the Grain delay in Maschine is a great way to add depth and richness to samples.

Intro Synth:
Very thin. There does sound to be some sort of modulation on here, but it just sound a bit cheap and overly repetitive.

Strings (~ 2:00 mark):
Suffer from the same thinness as the intro synth pad. May just be personal taste, but I don't think they fit the collective sound selection for this track. May be worth beefing them up with some harmony layers and slight reverb. Would be cool to have the drums drop the hi-hat and go down to a half time feel while the strings build.

There's a lot of creativity in this in general. Super clever use of reversing samples and loops. Chopping, placement and arrangement are good.

Nice tune!

Declik

Beatmaker
dunno what genre this is, it's tuff tho.

Like 2g said eithe ran RNB ballad type shit over the top of this. OR imho, one of those highhh register EDM singer chicks.

This feels almost like some DnB, Dubstep, Trap hybrid.

I love that impact/stringhit whatever. Is that a sample or what?

I think that vocal needs a louder verb/delay on it, maybe lowpassed. Or maybe like a higher register version.
Thanks Mista Iron keys for this feedbacks and trying to define the style lol .
The impact is a one note string from a sample with some treatments.
I always been shy with reverb but this comment have often come up I will definitely change that ... for further productions .

muito obrigado

Declik

Beatmaker
Electronica/Pop
That's the genre I'd put it in. The drums are very trap/dub, but that style has been pretty heavily co-opted by the mainstream at this point. Also, the chord progression is very alt-pop in nature. I could easily hear Imagine Dragons or something of the sort on this.

Speaking of the co-opted trap beats. I am the furthest thing from a trap fan. Sorry, but the hats and 808s just do nothing for me.

As mentioned, mix needs some work. Otherwise, there are some very cool elements in here. I will say I do like the "complextro" style chopping and puzzle piecing of several elements to create a line.

My three main pieces of critique would be the intro synth pad, vocal chops, and Strings .

Vocals:
need some reverb/delay or something. they are thin and the release is very sharp. Not sure what the equivalent would be in other DAWs but the Grain delay in Maschine is a great way to add depth and richness to samples.

Intro Synth:
Very thin. There does sound to be some sort of modulation on here, but it just sound a bit cheap and overly repetitive.

Strings (~ 2:00 mark):
Suffer from the same thinness as the intro synth pad. May just be personal taste, but I don't think they fit the collective sound selection for this track. May be worth beefing them up with some harmony layers and slight reverb. Would be cool to have the drums drop the hi-hat and go down to a half time feel while the strings build.

There's a lot of creativity in this in general. Super clever use of reversing samples and loops. Chopping, placement and arrangement are good.

Nice tune!
@BiggChev
Very impressive review or should I say expertise :) . thank a ton for taking the time .
I am taking all of your advices in this forum very seriously and will dig more onto modulation and reverb in my next tunes

new mix on its way .. for that one