Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
spongebob-fry-cook.gif

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
If I ever make it big time, I'll pay homage to this album cover. Not even sheepskin... full on sheep jacket and handle bar mustache. Not sure if there's anything else that screams "I do what the fuck I want" more than that.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
My wife never heard any of my stuff before because I used to make beats before I met her (and that PC is long gone). She listened to some of my new beats and she told me that "they need to be more dynamic, with more frequencies, and more tempo, like Tiesto, or how Timbaland uses those "weep weep" sounds." :)

As a hyper-white guy, I naturally gravitate towards electric guitars and other white men screaming. So for this one, when I heard this sample, I went ahead swapped out my heavy indica for a sativa, cracked open a Monster, and the result is this... The Croatian Yodel. Thank you Fade (and of course to our Eastern European friend with the handlebar mustache and sheep jacket) for a great song to flip.

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Sound like she got an ear/eye/mind for it. Use her as your feedback could prove real valuable
Yep. Even in my real job, I think it's best to get feedback from folks who are not directly connected or have limited exposure/experience. Breaks the tunnel vision. And let's face it, when it comes to music, very few care about the technicals. If they like it they listen, if not... they click next!