Correct Rapping \ How To Flow On Beat

G

GeNius Gregg

rap right?!

hey,
im a 16 year old german cat, trying to make some rap shit , im rappin since im 13. im just listening to underground like black opps and bosten act and so on. maybe one of u cats can help me: last time i always rapped off beat.
can u give me some tricks 'N' ideas on how to flow on beat?
how many words in line? (and what about the snare hits...).
im pleased someone can help me. thnx.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
Rap like Jay-Z you'll be platinum.....

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think you gotta learn how to flow first, i had a lot of people who told me they can rap but when i put a beat up they sounding all off and shit. if you can flow you can make wack lyrics sound hot but if you cant, then you can make hot lyrics sound horrible.

G

GeNius Gregg

thanks for ya replies , help the german cat hahah

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
Where do you live in germany Genius?

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
germany??? hey when you get somethin we can hear post in tha show case id be interested in hearin that .... Yo we can do a german Atl joint!!!

peace!!!!

stabster

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There really isn't no such thing as "Correct rapping". How many words in a line depends on how many words can flow over one bar (that is if you write youre lines to fit a bar). I suggest not having too many syllabels per bar if you're just beginning. Usually the rhyming word hits on every other snare (at least, one bar is two snares in ordinary hiphop), but that's a rule that can often be broken. Just keep practising, listen for influences and develope your own style.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hey Gregg.. Im a rapper and a producer and my advice is that you have to feel it in your soul. Feel the music and let it marinate in your body for years. and keep in mind that you might not be suited to be a rapper. But in 3-5 years if you continue your love for rap then you will be able to rap. If you live it it will come. if you force it then you will be wasting your time. also, ask yourself why you want to rap in the first place. rapping, producing, and hiphop is actually very hard work. get ready for a busy schedule cause you will have to work full time to pay for this hobby and it might never pay off
do it for the love

Good Luck,

Chrono Trigger

G

GeNius Gregg

im 16 german COLOGNE may i post a link if ya want to hear somethin
but i think i didn't flow right

thanks chrono for ur feedback im rappin since im 13 , but im only one in my village who got that love to hiphop and feel rap like i do.
thanks stabster i like ya details
i hope u can help me along the way that i onces become a nice flwoin emceee , thanks much love

maybey u wanna check me rap
just click on the track below on http://geniusgregg.myownmusic.de/artistpage_info.php?artist_id=17578the page

thanks for ur help

* in addition , im sorry thats not my beat i cut some parts from buc 50 hehe
and if ya don't understand the track is against the politics in germany and all the nazis , hopefully one day im gonna change that.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a 16 years old mc who's a killa but he raps in spanish.

I'm from luxembourg, so I got mc's rappin in french, german, spanish and portugues on my shit.
The flow varies a lot with the language I think, just my opinion.
I like the flow of bushido and AIDS, they are the only german rappers I like.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yo in general: Rhyming is most def. a learned trait - tha more u practice it, tha better yer gonna get...basically, if thats wut yer about then keep persuing it and make it your craft...

I will mention tho, not anyone can jus rap. You still have to be born with some sort of innate talents (i think thats tha right word?) that make you a step above tha rest...but like i said practice makes perfect. I think for tha most, you can tell a 'herb' from a real lyricist if your rooted in hiphop.

Steezo

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
learn how to count bars and if you are meant to rap it will click how to ride a beat.But just cuz your on beat doesnt mean you can flow..

Peace

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm not trying to discourage anybody, but in my opinion rapping is mostly just natural ability. I've always just naturally been able to flow on beat (I have a rap tape from when i was 9 that's sick), but i have friends who just can't do it for some reason, no matter what. That has lead me to believe that it's natural. But whatever you have naturally can always be improved on.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I agree with what yer saying Oak, but do yer friends treat lyricism tha same way u do?
Do they eat, breath, sleep that shit?...Or do they jus seem to try on occasion when they feel up to it after a couple shots?...Talent is talent - no doubt...But like i said, if thats what yer about and its yer passion, just about anyone can do it and do it well. Yes, theres other things to be accountable like tha tone of a persons voice...things like that, some people obviously sound like shit jus cuz they have a shitty voice, but in that respect, ive heard some pretty shitty voiced rappers in my day but they could still put it down.

bluntology

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my opinion is either u got flow or u dont...it aint something u can learn...

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
I'm not trying to discourage anybody, but in my opinion rapping is mostly just natural ability. I've always just naturally been able to flow on beat (I have a rap tape from when i was 9 that's sick), but i have friends who just can't do it for some reason, no matter what. That has lead me to believe that it's natural. But whatever you have naturally can always be improved on.

i agree wit savage back in the day me my cuzin and 1 of my peoples had a lil group me and my homie were always on beat except my cuzin(my cuzin had nice shit but couldn't stay on beat) i never took rap dat seriously(wish i did i would be fuckin nice right now) but years of practice hes nice now so what im tryin ta say is practice but i still agree wit savage

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
erkl said:
practice practice practice

Tru that (and listen to music a lot and work on your sense of rythem (the ladies will thank you for that one))

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
yo playa, I"m feelin da same as chrono, u have to feel the music first, if it's fast, slow, hot, not, or wut evah, and normally u would listen to then drum patter, mainly the snares so u can time when u need to lay your words, really the main key is timin, u can make a wack flow sound aight wit timin but u can time a hot fow and make da beat. just keep listenin to all types music, or rappers, from east, west, souf, mid-west, it doesn't matter casue all of them got the same concept, but different approaches

members online