Cool Kids

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Anyone like these dudes?

I love their EP, people should really check it out (illegally). Really refreshing music without any pretentiousness.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34U3-CutuU"]YouTube - Cool Kids - Black Mags official music video[/ame]

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Went to a show of theirs last week, not bad, rocked it regardless. They might grow on me...

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I actually feel these dudes.

I can't help but feel like a kid when I'm listening to them. They have a video where they are riding around on bikes and shit: I did that shit as a kid, we rolled 15 deep.

I remember my homie Kareem didn't have a bike so he stole one out of the garage from somone across the streets. Everyday and night he would have to throw his bike over three fences to get it to the opposite street so the neighbors wouldn't see him with their bike! Funny shit!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I actually feel these dudes.

I can't help but feel like a kid when I'm listening to them. They have a video where they are riding around on bikes and shit: I did that shit as a kid, we rolled 15 deep.

I remember my homie Kareem didn't have a bike so he stole one out of the garage from somone across the streets. Everyday and night he would have to throw his bike over three fences to get it to the opposite street so the neighbors wouldn't see him with their bike! Funny shit!

Exactly why I like em. This to me is dope ass kid muzik.

And to the dude who goes to school with em, that must be cool.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I think it's dope! They're only paying homage to late 80's early 90's brand of hip hop which in itself is refreshing. Shows' that they respect the past. I'm sure everything they drop won't be the same as this. Definitely something "old but diff't" that the kids need to hear besides the norm. The way they spit they can do what ever....it's a good look.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I understand the skepticism people have towards them.

These heads aren't a gimmick. The wave of imitations labels start churning out will be the "gimmicks".

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i like these cats ... they actually remind me of the clipse a lil bit .... similiar lyrically minus the drug talk .... these dudes can really spit too and thats what i like.. i dont think its a gimmick because they have the talent to back it up from what i hear .. these guys produce themselves as well.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I'm finding it hard to get into this type of rap as to me it is just weak (kiddy rap) but that is mainly with me keeping to the 90s underground rap so i've been able to stay clear of this type of music for a long time. It's a shame how pop rap as gone so far downhill in the content and it being all about ones self rather than anything with any real meaning. Also not to keen on the production of this as i find it to start getting quite repetitive after about a minutes worth of play.

As with anything it's down to own opinions, but for me i'd rather listen to something that isn't as bland.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
This is refreshing. It's good to see that there is still kid's music that isn't full of negative stereotypes and ignorant BS. Look at what was being said in the Soulja Boy thread, there is a big difference between him and these kids. I wouldn't buy it, (doesn't appeal to me), but I'm glad it's out there. At least they're still in school too and not talking bout supasoaking a hoe or some rubbish.

Mikemaster G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tight ass songs; personally I think 88 has the tightest ass beat I ever heard, something that can be played in major clubs and mainstream radioplay.

members online