Cool Edit delay??? (recording)

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
when i record vocals over my tracks on cool edit it seems like theres a lil delay. i dont know. maybe its me. maybe im just not catching up to the beat. but ive tried lots of times already and it still has the same outcome. has anyone else had this problem? holla!

T

The Bastard

can u just take your vocal file and move it back a cunt hair to compinsate for the lag?

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
you'll probably need to move it back slightly sounds like your sound card or processor is just a lil slow no big deal..
Peace

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
nah! coz some parts of it sounds like its on time. if i move the whole thing back it'll be all messed up. any other suggestions??

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
yeah... not meanin to sound like a prick... but it's probably u got an awkward flow... a lot of the time you can come in strange but then pick up later... this happened to me when i started rapping but soon it'll come and you should fit on the beat perfect...

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
uhmm... thats not it either. coz ive been recording for 2 years now. just not at home with my computer. and ive only been having this problem with my set up. so, no its not my flow.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
is your pc used for just recording or is you your computer for the internet and stuff also? from what your saying if its not you flowing something on the computer is slowing down then catching up during recording.also what are the specs on your pc?and what all is on it?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
update!!! ive noticed that when i cut out like a really lil piece of the recording wave after i record it, and then i undo the cut, it seems to set in place. i dont know why this does it but this is kinda weird. oh well! hope this'll help other people with this problem

C

cue labs

lol yall raggin on him tellin him he cant flow and shit.... ayo dog you need to check your sound card. make sure the record monitor in cool edits off, make sure your latency is butta and then if that shit dont work try re installing. my boys shit had that problem but we smoked blunts and said fuck it and it went back to normal. that was an mbox too. BUY A MAC, you wont have to deal with pc shit like this man.

ski_mask

ill o.g.
Yo P1

Yo listen i had the same prob with cool edit pro and NOOOOOOOO its not your flow.....you gotta change the cache in the options....i did it a looong time ago so i forgot how to do it but...........go to the cool edit pro help file...how to do it is in there

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
"You can increase the speed of Cool Edit Pro by setting the wave cache to an appropriate level depending on the amount of RAM you have. As you reach higher wave cache settings, you start to get diminishing returns, so you should try various settings in the range given to see how they work for you. While in Cool Edit, Go to "options > Settings > System" to access the wave cache size option. ".

Good Luck,
Wings

members online