Constant Changing

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Anyone else out here constantly changing their approach? Be that to mixing, production, or whatever.

Happens to me a lot. I'll get into a rhythm with how I'm making beats, or mixing. Then all of a sudden, I feel different about it, or readdress how I'm going about doing something.

Always feels like a massive loss, like what you've developed previously has been for nothing. And now you're starting again with a new approach.

I can't figure out right now whether the process is a good or bad one. (as in useful or detrimental).

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Always feels like a massive loss, like what you've developed previously has been for nothing. And now you're starting again with a new approach.
Why tho? Its like getting a collection of tools over the years. I kinda do the same, jump around between moods, styles and so on. If you keep going you should end up with a wide-range repertoire.

But also theres the risk of being a jack of all trades but master of none. Gotta make sure you grind some out of an approach and then move on.

Atleast take one lesson from every approach with you.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Why tho? Its like getting a collection of tools over the years. I kinda do the same, jump around between moods, styles and so on. If you keep going you should end up with a wide-range repertoire.

But also theres the risk of being a jack of all trades but master of none. Gotta make sure you grind some out of an approach and then move on.

Atleast take one lesson from every approach with you.

Thinking more in terms of like mixing. Cause then you feel back to square one.

Feels like a never ending quest to learn how to fucking mix.

members online