Common Business Mistakes of Up-and-Coming Artists/Labels

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Nice article glad my anguish could help influence it!!! LOL
As usual this is helpful as well as the rest of the BUFB articles , I only wish that there were more of them, or that they would come out more frequently.
Shadeed you could write a book on this stuff!! Have you? Ill cop it.
If yall are new here listen to this guy he knows his stuff.
Ill be PMing you Shadeed.... :D

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Relic said:
Nice article glad my anguish could help influence it!!! LOL
As usual this is helpful as well as the rest of the BUFB articles , I only wish that there were more of them, or that they would come out more frequently.
Shadeed you could write a book on this stuff!! Have you? Ill cop it.
If yall are new here listen to this guy he knows his stuff.
Ill be PMing you Shadeed.... :D

I don't write the articles as much because I'm very accessible via PM.
Even though I'm craaazy busy, I made a promise to myself a while back
to never use "I'm busy" as an excuse not to get things done, and since
BUFB is one of those things I wanted to do, I'll keep it going, because a few
people have hit me up and let me know that they have used some of this
knowledge.

After reading "the Music Powers That Be", I realized that I can definitely do a book on similar content to BUFB, but in order for it to do "Eminem numbers", I would need a
co-signature either from a major music conference or a lot of advertising $$$$.
Just like selling beats, trying to get in a consulting "Wendy Day" type-of-lane is something that you can't just wake up and do, it takes contacts and co-signs to build up your rep.

This article wasn't based on you, I locked down a good marketing rep to do kinda like a
"Q&A" to answer Frequently asked questions regarding marketing and the music biz.
Coming soon.....

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
Really nice article though, I found it helpful. Especially keeping your contacts organized... entering numbers in the cell phone like that i never thought of doing.

Yeah, if you're answering your phone, it gives you an edge to know who you're talking to when their number pops up, you don't need a Blackberry or Sidekick to be organized, you just gotta put in that little bit of work to get it done!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Relic said:
I have let contacts slip in the past I think thats what I gained from this article.
Nice to know that there isnt a "waiting" period to call thats what had me sometimes losing touch.
Hoppin on it from here on out.

Nah, Relic this isn't dating, this is business, and if you follow the stuff I'm laying out you will be way more effective than you may be currently. Good luck and get on the grind!

members online