Collaboration Listings

1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    For the members that want to collaborate with one another, I have come up with something a bit different than just posting a thread. In the past you would have to create a thread, hoping that other members would contact you. Instead, there's now a much simpler way.

Collaboration Listings

From now on, if you want to collaborate with other members, you can have your profile listed on the Collaborations page. It's simply a listing of IllMuzik members that are looking to make some music with others.

How does it work?

If you want to be listed, go to your Preferences page and check the box that says "Collaborations Join". Once you click "Submit Changes" it will take up to 20 minutes for your profile to update. Once it does, you will be listed.

Now if someone wants to collab, they can browse the listing and click on a member's name, which will take them to that member's profile page. From there they can post to their page or start a private conversation with them.

What's the point?

Instead of having a bunch of empty threads with members looking to collaborate, everything will be moved into a more private/personal part of the forums. This creates less clutter in the forums.

Important Notes
    • You don't have to be listed in order to contact another member that is listed.
    • It is HIGHLY encouraged that you update your custom profile title! This is shown in the Collaborations Listings page.
    • I also recommend you update your profile page overall. This way if someone visits your page they will have an idea of what you're about.
    • If you have a specific collab you want to do, or a project you want to work on, make sure you show that under "Profile Posts".
    • I have already populated the list with members that have posted recently in the old Collaborations forum.
    If you have any questions or comments, let me know below.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Bugsy, OGBama, NakedStar and 2 others like this.
  2. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    ** UPDATE **

Okay so I made a few changes.

Take a look at the Collabs listings and you'll see I added:
    • Beat Style
    • Skills
    I removed "messages" and "likes".

First off, make sure you update your "Location" in Personal Details. On that same page, you'll now see where you can fill in "Beat Style". Under that is "Skills". This currently has 3 options: Beatmaker/Rapper/DJ. Check all that apply.

That's it for now but I'll try to keep adding to it, although I can't add too much because I don't want the listings to be too cluttered.

If you have any questions, let me know!