Clean out your ears!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just a reminder to everyone to clean your ears. Don't use q-tips!

For the longest time I always had just a bit less hearing in one ear and I thought it was because of that time when I was a kid and my sister screamed right into my ear at full volume when we went into the haunted house at the amusement park.

But now that I look back, I think that one ear just collects more wax than the other. One time years ago I was on a plane and a big ball of wax just popped out of that ear and landed on my shoulder lol.

So anyway the other day it got really blocked up overnight and I couldn't hear anything at all. I was trying all kinds of stuff but then remembered I had one of those earwax-removal syringes.

GET ONE!

After the 3rd try all this brown water came out of my ear. Then on the 5th try these two giant shitballs came flying out. I can't remember the last time I could hear this well in that ear.

So especially for us when making music it's important to take care of our ears. I highly recommend you get one of those syringes. It's this one:

1719433871.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Headphones are the biggest cause... the loud sound and also hot wet environment.

I need to get my ears sorted, scared to start... last time the wax was too dense and if they check or I put stuff in it could cause it to block worse. Had 7 months of a fully blocked ear once... was horrendous.

It's sad to hear you experienced this kind of problems :( It's good that you shared this advice.(y) However, I need to add my two cents to this discussion.

I've been cleaning my ears with q-tips all my life and I've NEVER had any issues with my hearing or ears in general. Please keep in mind that I work primarily with headphones (closed back ones). It's interesting thing with this ear hygiene thing nowadays because for example in Poland tv stations started playing commercials about the new medical product which is a spray applied to ears that clears the wax.

In those commercials "doctors" warn against using q-tips etc. I've bought it today and tried it out cause I was curious. I don't think this product will make my hearing better because as I mentioned I've never had any issues with hearing/ear wax/ears but there's no harm in trying. :D

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah me too I've used q-tips my whole life and never put it in deep (pun intended) but it just feels so good. Right now I'm not using them so I'll see how it goes.

members online