Circuit City closing down...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Heard about them filing Chapter 11 a few months ago........

Went over there to see any decent sales...nothing spectacular......

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bestbuy go next, now with Wal-mart getting heavy into electronics..

I've called it for a while....Wal-mart is the evil empire..

When 4 of 10 of the richest people in the US are the Waltons, something is terribly wrong...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I doubt Best Buy will go under next. We have to see Walmart become bigger, cause Best buy is huge with Electronics, I dont go to Wallmart for that shit.

You don't...but when Wal-mart starts getting bigger in electronics...it'll only mean that they will DEFINITELY be cheaper than BestBuy....It may not happen, but if it does, don't be surprised....

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
wal mart is a monopoly lol
yeah they make it real hard for the "mom and pop" small businesses...matterfact i cant think of any small business that provides general goods like wal mart does..except for "dollar general"...hell even the grocery stores better beware...winn-dixie and piggly wiggly have already fell victum down here....kmarts holding on by a thread it seems also.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya I can't see Best Buy going out just yet unless Walmart starts carrying everything Best Buy does. They're a monopoly, but hey their prices are awesome, LOL.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I stopped fuckin with Wallmart once I heard about the girl that bought a can of greenbeans with a rat head in it. Fuck Shitmart. Target is just as good with the same prices but way cleaner and without the people trying to sell me shit by the soda machine.

Tesco has a similar deal going on over here, they are sticking their fingers into everyone elses pies and taking them out of business. Not even Wal-Mart(Asda) is any match for them.
I work for the biggest home delivery company in the UK, and Tescos have started attacking my companies position.
It makes me think of Demolition Man, where they say the only fast food outlet is Taco Bell, only it will be Tesco's here and Wal-mart there.
Also in the current economic climate be ready to see these weaker companies fall like flies making the whole monopoly deal even worse. What makes me laugh is they were supposed to have passed laws to stop monopolies here, it looks like they just made it easier.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Tesco has a similar deal going on over here, they are sticking their fingers into everyone elses pies and taking them out of business. Not even Wal-Mart(Asda) is any match for them.
I work for the biggest home delivery company in the UK, and Tescos have started attacking my companies position.
It makes me think of Demolition Man, where they say the only fast food outlet is Taco Bell, only it will be Tesco's here and Wal-mart there.
Also in the current economic climate be ready to see these weaker companies fall like flies making the whole monopoly deal even worse. What makes me laugh is they were supposed to have passed laws to stop monopolies here, it looks like they just made it easier.

Exactly....it's like Wal-mart is being protected from anti-trust laws, mainly because they're not buying out any competitors....but it is capitalism at it's worst.

Out here people don't buy much in the form of groceries in my wal-mart...there's way too many people out here with money that hit up the Winn-Dixie and the Publix markets......wal-marts quality of meat and produce is shit at best....

members online