CASH RULES

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
It has been revealed over the last couple of days that there is a recording, allegedly of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling opining his views of how African Americans should be treated to his then girlfriend. Obviously racism is at the forefront of this story, but is by no means the entire story.

In the wake of these developments, there have have been all kinds of proclamations on what should happen. Magic Johnson, who was named in the recording, said that he and his wife would not attend any Clippers game while Sterling is still in his position. While Johnson should be commended for making a personal stance and publicly proclaiming it, the commendation should be kept in proper perspective. After all, he was named on the tape personally. Isn't his response kind of expected as the thing to do?

Magic, as well as other notable basketball aficionado have taken the position that the Clippers should not "boycott" the pivotal Sunday game. They should stay focused on their goal of winning the championship. Magic's point is that the players and coach have to provide for their families. Michael Wilbon suggests that the fans should be the primary catalyst any boycott. PRetty much to a man, the African American NBA insider/ current employee is maintaining the line that the coach and team should be outraged, but continue to play, and get that pay check.

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME, CREAM! GET THE MONEY!DOLLAR DOLLAR BILL YALLLLL!

Those suggesting a stronger show of force are outside of the NBA. Jesse Jackson is calling for a boycott. Lil Wayne says that if he were a player, he wouldn't play anymore. Meek Mill offers a prophetic view..." I bet nothing happens to him" I would place that same bet too Meek. Why????

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME, CREAM! GET THE MONEY!DOLLAR DOLLAR BILL YALLLLL!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...onald-sterling-bashed-by-snoop-dogg-lil-wayne

Maybe if this were the 60s where minority athletes took public stances on injustices, despite financial ramifications. Maybe if the African American community were capable of organizing, mobilizing, and more important, willing to make a statement. Maybe if several high profile African American entertainers would not only give lip service, but encourage their fans to actually do something. But that's not going to happen.

Imagine what would happen if all Clippers players and coaches on the roster, or at least all the minority players were to boycott todays' game. That would be something. Unprecedented. A major show of force. 1 game. What wouldn't happen is players being unable to take care of their families as some suggest. But the Clips are a legitimate contender and one of the NBA's premier teams. In the midst of one of the greatest first rounds in NBA history. Translation, it's not worth losing money over. The games must go on. After all......

Wonder what would happen if instead of African Americans, Sterlings' diatribe was about homosexuals.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I was really surprised by this shit, it's ridiculous. I mean, this guy has got to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of hypocrites. You own a basketball team and yet you hate "Blacks". WTF.

I just saw that the NBA has banned this fucker, is forcing him to sell the team, and is fining him 2.5 mil. Nice!