Buying shit, consumerism

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
So I guess I'm a product of the environment I live in. I like buying shit, whether it be records, video games, other random stuff... I never spend more than I have, but I find it very tempting sometimes to buy new shit, even though I don't need it. I have a back log of pretty much everything I buy, but continue to buy new shit. I sell shit a lot, but I realize it's not the best habit. So what about you guys, any other impulse buyers in the house?

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I do find myself desiring things, but I'm not an impulse buyer tho. I do research on stuff I have an interest in and usually I end up realizing I don't need it.

But yea, i do lust after quite a bit of things. No matter how much I speak against the market, it doesn't make me immune to it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Guilty! My philosophy is...take care of family/friends/future and ofcorse bills and needs first, after that its game on. I have slowed down quite a bit after realizing how much money I was wasting but if I want it bad enough, I get it. With the economy so tough right now, saving money is a pretty smart thing to do.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't buy much shit, I live within my means but I did buy Traktor a few weeks ago lol. That's all it is though, living within your means. Take care of your shit first and after that it's in your budget, go for it.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
guilty too. lately i have been slowing down. but i used to book a trip on a whim. buy videogames, movies, shit for my truck. but that had to stop due to my work situation.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Relic Don't worry I am sure Luke has your card on file LMAO

but yea I have kinda been going through all this. I really got in to this Zen Habits Blog http://zenhabits.net

and I have been trying to move that way in life. Just maximize everything and have less "stuff" It has got to the point that when I see "stuff" I can really feel the chaos and it cloud's my thinking. Even my hero Warren Buffet talks about how possessions own the owner more than the owner owning the possession.

It hard because life moves fast and its tough not to just throw stuff wherever argh

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Guilty! My philosophy is...take care of family/friends/future and ofcorse bills and needs first, after that its game on. I have slowed down quite a bit after realizing how much money I was wasting but if I want it bad enough, I get it. With the economy so tough right now, saving money is a pretty smart thing to do.

co-sign! i figure that i work and put up with b.s all day for more than just paying bills. because of this, once i pay my bills, i buy whatever the hell i want. i also pay cash for everything. that's the way to go. only use my credit card for the occasional plane ticket.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
@dreampolice

Thanks for the link, looks interesting. Although I know my Zen space will always include some kind of clutter.. haha