best way to safely receive money when selling beats?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My cousin is close to selling some beats to a overseas rapper and at some point, many of us here may be in a similar position. Does anyone have any advice about the best and safest way to receive the money for the track - PayPal, Money Order, other???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah PayPal is good, even though it requires the other person to have an account. But if you accept anything else, make sure it's something like a Money Order. Cash is ok, but it doesn't give the buyer a receipt (unless you send him one). I wouldn't accept checks because they could always bounce, unless you tell him that it has to clear first. But whatever happens, make sure you get paid before you provide your services!

D

DJlow2

im curious to know... where do you all network your tracks... and has anybody here sucessfully sold a track over the internet... if so .... how much?

B

BeatOff

The Best Way is to do it in person. I dont trust any other way.

W

Wisdom

I would say paypal also. It's actually pretty safe. It does require the other party have it as well.

numerike

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
For paypal don't you have to pay a monthly fee? or can you just do one off transactions for free?

I usualy do money order than when payment is confirmed i would send a audio CD in .wav, or individual layers if thats what they want for studio mastering. If i was buying a beat i wouldnt want to download an mp3 off the net. You get what you pay for, send them something hard copy, and plus all mc's don't have internet ;\

illusion

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJlow2 said:
im curious to know... where do you all network your tracks... and has anybody here sucessfully sold a track over the internet... if so .... how much?

you can put your beats on soundclick and make sure to put tags on them (voice looped across on beat) or people can steal your beats.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Do you have a contract? are you just selling the beat to an individual that you do not know, is it a DJ? or what if they resell your track to someone that doesnt need a tracked beat????....I know, I Know I just play devil's advocate, its your music man be careful.