Beat This! - March 30-31, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from March 30-31st! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 30th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on March 31st, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SOUND KIT
  • You MUST use one or all of the sounds (female vocal) in this kit (right-click and "save as")
  • We must be able to hear the sample in your beat, and it must be used throughout your beat.
  • You can use the samples as they are, or modify them, but we must be able to tell it's the original sample.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2016033031.png

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
I dislike hearing preset drums it's like you didn't really try and that's sucks to me. Some nice beats in this but some stands outs are the usuals @NONONSENSEBEATS and the new comer @NuNu was dope too very different
Yea your right @NuNu beat is creative as hell! I think there were some dope beat on here, but a lot of them used very little of the theme samples. Shouts to @huggyHG @hardboiled @oninkaf I feel like I can count on y'all to come with some heat. Good luck to everyone!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I'm happy to see the amount of participants. I was getting the feeling not too many people was going to enter since I didn't see any post after @Fade created the tread. I guess that's because everyone was putting in work on their beat :). Congrats to everyone who entered.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There are some really good beats in this one, however a few beats were not on point. Basically, when I put the instructions for these themes, they should be followed.

So for what I posted:
  • You MUST use one or all of the sounds (female vocal) in this kit (right-click and "save as")
  • We must be able to hear the sample in your beat, and it must be used throughout your beat.
  • You can use the samples as they are, or modify them, but we must be able to tell it's the original sample.
Some beats I can barely hear or recognize the vocal sample. So just a thought for everyone when they're checking out the beats.

The thing is I'm looking at it as something to be taken seriously because one day if someone hires you to make music for them, and they give you certain instructions, they need to be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online