*** Beat This! June 21, 2013 Voting ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
In order to vote, please reply to this thread with your top 5 picks, from 1st to 5th. You must pick 5, otherwise your votes won't count. If you're in the contest, you can vote, but not for yourself.

Like this:
  • 1st place: name
  • 2nd place: name
  • 3rd place: name
  • 4th place: name
  • 5th place: name
Listen:

Listen to the contestants below, or on the contestants page.

Theme: Sample Flip

Please do not vote for your friends, vote simply for which beat is the best. We're trusting you to vote properly.

McLovin

Battle Points: 1
I like them flips! The following is my preference as far execution and groove:
  • 1st place: name- Djfeedme
  • 2nd place: name-Kohie
  • 3rd place: name-JRockPsycho
  • 4th place: name-BMP
  • 5th place: name-Tanyaradzwa

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
First of all, this may be the best battle in a while as for as quality of beats. Everyone did superbly. Very close.

1st : Mercurywaters "SuperLove"

2nd : Djfeedme

3rd : Kohie

4th : Tanyaradzwa (this one will be slept on, but it is very nicely put together)

5th : BMP

@QuietComposer - To me, your samples sound off key. If it were not for that , I would have voted u # 1

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
1 - QuietComposer's In My Dreams track has got my spine tingling with those super dope pitch changes on the sample melody! Really feeling that finger snap in the drum kit too

2 - BMP's beat battle is a lil glitchy at first but comes together with some dope drumz, abstract sequences and complex composition.

3 - Mercurywaters Super Love has some good chops and you can hear arent all quantized and I am in super love with his reverb on those samples.

4 - FeedMe's Dream beat is nice and smooth and I love that snare! But those loops could be a few bars shorter and chopped up.

5 - Jrock's Low End has a good upbeat vibe to it although it could use some other samples than just a loop

Kohie's Cheers contains some cool samples but could contain a bassline too to add some more flava. Those quick kicks next to each other would sound doper if they were little closer without the first one being quantized

Tanyaradzwa Sag beat is pretty fat sounding with some 41 W 43 L sounding drumz and samples all mixed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online