Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Place your vote in the poll above. We are now doing it with a poll rather than on points. You can vote for yourself, but in the event of a tie, your self-vote would then be removed.

Theme:
None

Listen to the contestants: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-this-competition/contestants/

Please do not vote for your friends, vote simply for which beat is the best. We're trusting you to vote properly.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm sorry if this offends anyone...but JustRipe destroyed you all.

Like he came through with the pump and left all your bodies in the room....

Valmont

Battle Points: 2
Haha Dacalion's is so clever though. It's getting my vote because I find it novel and the punny title made me laugh... What's that about sampling less?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thanks Valmonnt, for a long time I was relying solely on sampling, I mean I was tearing down songs and chopping them up in micro pieces to make a beat (really A LOT of work). I would even go so far as filtering out the bass, hits or whatever I didn't want in a chop to get what I had envisioned. Then I learned that nobody accounted for the art or the amount of effort that it took to create a beat that way. It was all about the final result so I decided to do more composing and less chopping samples.

Now I'm relying more on my ear and additive synthesis. I'll listen to violins for example, and instead of just sampling them and throwing them in my beat, I will recreate them using Morphine and actually play them on my keyboard. The only samples I used in my beat were the vocals and one violin hit at the beginning. Everything else was either played by hand or one shot hits that I put together on my MPD32.

I made a video of the making of this beat, but I haven't had a chance to put it all together yet but at some point I will.

Thanks again...

Valmont

yo lol...robin s wth

Lol I'm all for sampling, I was referencing a back-and-forth in the competition discussion thread where I said I was going to try to sample more and Dacal said he was going to sample less (going back, it was omitting vocal samples). :p

Valmont

Thanks Valmonnt, for a long time I was relying solely on sampling, I mean I was tearing down songs and chopping them up in micro pieces to make a beat (really A LOT of work). I would even go so far as filtering out the bass, hits or whatever I didn't want in a chop to get what I had envisioned. Then I learned that nobody accounted for the art or the amount of effort that it took to create a beat that way. It was all about the final result so I decided to do more composing and less chopping samples.

Now I'm relying more on my ear and additive synthesis. I'll listen to violins for example, and instead of just sampling them and throwing them in my beat, I will recreate them using Morphine and actually play them on my keyboard. The only samples I used in my beat were the vocals and one violin hit at the beginning. Everything else was either played by hand or one shot hits that I put together on my MPD32.

I made a video of the making of this beat, but I haven't had a chance to put it all together yet but at some point I will.

Thanks again...

Yeah I'm glad you mentioned the replaying elements because I was very close to doing that with the beat I submitted, but just figured it was more standard to keep the sample in there. I'm probably going to do that a lot more in the future.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, thats just where I'm at right now personally...I'm still learning bruh, the ultimate key to winning any of these comps is putting out something dope. It doesn't matter how it's accomplished here. It's the final result that counts. If heavy sampling is what it takes, go for it. If composing more or less is what it takes, go for it. I'm just trying out new things and hopefully it will make me a better producer in the big picture.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Lol I'm all for sampling, I was referencing a back-and-forth in the competition discussion thread where I said I was going to try to sample more and Dacal said he was going to sample less (going back, it was omitting vocal samples). :p

haha well all drums are sampled, doesnt matter if thats a synth or sampler unless its an analog modeling (808/909), to me thats 50% of the production hehe.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
My drums aren't sampled, I bought dp's old drumset and mic'd em! =) Just ask him.

hehe then either you drummed it live throughout the track or sampled your own drums :p

lmao Formant, you know I'm bs'ing.

Congrats @ 2Good! Everyone had dope beats.

Thanks, I really wasnt expecting to win that after reading the comments. And being stuck without being able to mix properly on pc speakers is killing me. I really love the strings in your track, I want them.

Some dope beats in this, thanks for the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.