Beat This! - January 6-7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from January 6-7th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on January 6th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on January 7th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Remix Eminem's "Till I Collapse"
  • Your beat must be no longer than 4 minutes!
  • You are doing a full song with Eminem's "Till I Collapse" acapella DOWNLOAD HERE (right-click "save as"
  • Download the instrumental HERE (right-click "save as") (for reference)
  • The original "Till I Collapse" song is around 86 BPM
You have 4 minutes to make a beat and have the Eminem "Till I Collapse" acapella on it. You can flip the acapella any which way you want.

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the voters will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2016010607.png

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
Is it just me... or is the acapella a bit off? Cant seem to sync it to anything... Or maybe I just don't know what Im doing lol
Noticed it too. To me it's the refrain that just won't fit, although Em's rap fits perfectly. It sounds to me like he's singing it about 5 bpm faster than Em raps. The strange thing is, although the refrain is off, the rap still stays in time. o_O

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well that happened with another remix a while ago, it was hard to get the hook on point.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. With these remixes you can chop them up and rearrange the verses if you want.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Yea, but I even had problems with parts of the verse not lining up right... Started chopping things up to get things to line-up the way I wanted, but didn't have the patience for that lol, so I found another acapella that I used, that synced up ALOT better... but the audio sounds terrible... very distorted

I may not enter it, but I'll post it here when its done if anyone wants to listen...

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
U can make vocals do pretty much what u want them to...but it may not be as simple as aligning them with a tempo and just letting it run

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yea, but I even had problems with parts of the verse not lining up right... Started chopping things up to get things to line-up the way I wanted, but didn't have the patience for that lol, so I found another acapella that I used, that synced up ALOT better... but the audio sounds terrible... very distorted

I may not enter it, but I'll post it here when its done if anyone wants to listen...
Well see what you can do. I don't know if others are having this issue as well, we'll only know when the signups start. I hope enough are entering.

Just beat? Or we'll do the remix with voice of Eminem?
Yes, a remix with Eminem's voice from the acapella linked in the first post.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
helpful hint......when em starts rapping he says ... Till i col-lapse im spillin these raps..........the 1 beat should line up with lapse in the word collapse....

you're welcome

Tulrap

Tulrap Beat Maker!
Battle Points: 1
I have one more question. You want 4 mins but instrumental beat's time is 4.46 mins. Still can i do it?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah it does sound a bit off, but really that's pretty much with all acapellas. It's whoever is recording them and posting on YouTube. Sometimes it can be a real pain. What I usually do is one verse at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online