Beat reproduction advice request

B0rel

Hello everyone !
I'm trying to reproduce this beat from ZZCCMXTP "Lezgongue" :

But I struggle with the synth sounds, especially in the beginning. It looks like some marimba sound paired with a more diffuse background. So far, I've tried with Waves' Codex and stock ableton plugins but nothing seems to get close to the sound... Any advice please ?

jkz08

☘️EireWaves ☘️
i think its a marimba alright but paired with a pluck try Spire preset (hot n sexy) paired with ur marimba .

B0rel

i think its a marimba alright but paired with a pluck try Spire preset (hot n sexy) paired with ur marimba .
Thanks for the advice ! I see what you mean, and Spire works great even for the more paddy sound after the intro. One issue remains. I feel my marimba sound (made using Ableton's Wavetable synth) is still not as metal sounding as the one in the song. When I try to increase the brightness I get too much "shimmer" in the sound... When I reduce the decay I get a very clicky sound.

jkz08

☘️EireWaves ☘️
Man not too familiar with Ableton which is an understatement as I’ve used FL all the time but as IRONKEYS said phaser or flange should work dial/ tweak it all the way back to zero and work back up or vise Versa with the decay

In fl I’ve gone back to using the plugs and fx supplied and with EFFECTOR sometime u may need to load up more than one instance of the fx to get the desired sound doesn’t Ableton have a multi fx fx similar. Hope this helps

jkz08

☘️EireWaves ☘️
Man why u still workin (or trying to anyway) on that remix? a buddy (Trance producer) of mine used to strugghle like you for months on different "remixes" and finally i coaxed him to stop doing re-mixes and concentrate on his own original tracks - he has, (after 6 months:LOL:) and is way happier with his own work now.

I suppose youve tried this but in case you havent last couple of suggestions i can give yeh;

1, start a new "project" with said marimba and use every fx available to you to reproduce the sound ALL BY ITSELF with nothin else cluttering up ur ears . ( and try pairing it with another preset if that doesn't work) when you get it close as damn it bounce it out and slap it into ur remix.

2, download Kilohearts essentials FX bundle. any amount of fx for free and doesn't use an iLOK ( with a sign up).

3, If you havent got these already download them also free, UVI WORKSTATION (i think it downloads an iLok with it but you can alway delete the fucker after youve installed it. some cool presets on it. SYNTHMASTER PLAYER, is another one with loadsa cool presets too.

go onto W.a prod site and download the free "daily producers tips" PDF theres 2 on it, vol 1&2.

if all else fails delete ur remix and find somethin more easier - theres always a solution man, although you may not like it. but if its giving you that much grief either delete it and move on and maybe ( i wouldnt bother me hole tho' if its annoying me that much) go back to it as ur experience broadens.

my motto is: if its giving u grief, kick it, bin it or feed it to the dogs.

good luck!!!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 25