Votes: 4 80.0%
  • V.J. Retro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Beat nr 1:
Great sample, I was hoping for a little more variety/originality there in terms of "flipping" it. IMO the drums are kind of heavy to go with the sample. If you listen to the original drums, they're subtle and tight just like the song.

Beat nr 2:
Also dope sample choice! I really like how the bass comes in. Drums go well with it. Again I hear a click at the start of each sample chop. A (real) small attack prevents this. The way you flipped the sample is dope, but feels a little random at times. Proper mix.
Got my vote.

Beat nr 3:
Great rhythm! The singing is a nice add and goes well with the beat. I think the kick lacks in the low frequencies, and overall could use some extra instruments to finish it.

Peace Out Art GIF by Elle

Beat nr 1:
Great sample, I was hoping for a little more variety/originality there in terms of "flipping" it. IMO the drums are kind of heavy to go with the sample. If you listen to the original drums, they're subtle and tight just like the song.

Beat nr 2:
Also dope sample choice! I really like how the bass comes in. Drums go well with it. Again I hear a click at the start of each sample chop. A (real) small attack prevents this. The way you flipped the sample is dope, but feels a little random at times. Proper mix.
Got my vote.

Beat nr 3:
Great rhythm! The singing is a nice add and goes well with the beat. I think the kick lacks in the low frequencies, and overall could use some extra instruments to finish it.

Peace Out Art GIF by Elle
I can finally respond :LOL::LOL:. I did mix this beat but not this version for the beat battle (sent wrong version) I didn't do too much variations to it because the rapper and the company (Caviar Gold) asked me to flip the sample simple and don't do too much. :LOL::LOL: The drum are loud (on this version) and the heavy part was done like that on purpose for their commercial. The original song like you said is subtle and tight but thats for R&B/Soul. I was making heavy westcoast cannabis style track that they wanted. They paid me well for that and the beat only took 15 mins to make

Reactions: TWU