Band website, how to do it on the cheap?

F

flybyfender

Hey guys,

I would like to know if any of you had any past experience about creating & having a band website?

I am not a programmer and I do not want to learn how to code HTML just to create that one website.

Here are the things that we want:
- Our own .com domain
- Servers included, with unlimited transfer
- Unlimited content/songs
- Music player on the website
- Fans can contact us directly on the website

It would be nice if it had Facebook & Twitter integration too.

How much should I be looking to spend for a custom website from a professional webmaster (including the requested features above)? Many people told us between 1,500$ and 3,000$ is the average pricing nowadays, is that true!!!? Do you guys have any suggestions? Is Myspace still good?

Thanks,
F.B.F

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Send fade a PM, he can either help you or point you in the right direction...go HERE and click Send Message under his picture. Then click Send private message...

F

flybyfender

dacalion: thanks for the offer but I think I found something good that I can use myself.

I made some research and ended up on Bandmo (http://bandmo.com) a website generator designed especially for music artists & bands. It’s pretty cheap considering that it includes hosting + domain + everything else. I think it might just be more simple to deal with them instead of ordering every element I need from different companies.

The reviews I found are looking pretty good, I am going to try it now and let you know what happens... :)

Thanks!

PS. If you guys have more suggestions, please reply to this thread!!!!

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
If you're not supporting our beatmakers, I don't see why you wouldnt just set up an FB fan page, link it to your soundcloud link it to your twitter, your blogs.
In my experience, good music means a whole lot more than a good website when promoting a band.
Good luck