Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin at around 6:30 - 7:00 am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.
**Note: The staff's votes will count for 60% of the total.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ash - This is an excellent beat, the sample, the strings, the drums: all the sounds compliment eachother really well. Change ups are nice too.

Nomics - Damn, this a real dope hard hitting beat...nice to hear a lot of change ups and to hear a beat at that sort of tempo. The little vocals snippets that come in are amazing too.

Dj Hoppa - What can I say, this is a superb beat - the mellow piano sample, the vocal sample that comes in later on and thse drum sounds are right on. This is an amazing beat!

3 amazingly dope beats, but I think Hoppa is gonna get my vote. I'm not completely sure why, I just like the mellow vibe and maybe its my 'my kinda thing'.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
HOPPA , Drum break = be bop boggie - hilton felton? if so fucking heavy break, i used that recently...darn

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Hoppas and Nomics beats were dope but I would have to go with Holmz on this one. Holmz gave me that feel of a scene from a 70's black explotation movie like 'Black Ceaser'. The bassline is what makes this beat hott I think.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
uh oh....

we Have a problem.

Ash, i love the string on your beat... smooth, my style

Hoppa, you didnt change your beat, but the beat itself sound so.... complete. Perfect. Really nice.

Nomic, EQQQQQQQQQQQ!!! LOL I love the sample. Man we all need to go at your place, sound like you have a lot of hot records. LOL, the only thing theres not a lot of change up... Finding the right sample is One thing... playing with it is an Art... and all of you just gave me an headache, i dont know who to choose.....

I will have to think a little bit more. You guys are all hot. I feel your grind to make it...

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Nomics - another banger i can't believe you flipped that ! its a really good beat not many change ups but then i know wot kinda beat your going for and there doesn't have to be ! the plus point is that you have entered a different beat every time and they have all been dope !
Hoppa - thing this woz the same beat you used last round woteva its stupidly good, really musical hard to believe its all sampled ( i think you only sample right ? ) everything fits well your like the modern day jazz man ! ( jazz music and jazz mags ; ) )
Ash - bit different for with this beat but still dope, real funky and like someone before said reminds me of something out of a film !
all three beat totally different all of the stupidly dope im guna have to take sumtime to think about it !

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm tellin you, I called Hoppa as the victor in the first round, he's finna do it. Another dope, extremely detailed beat. The other two were tight too, but Hoppa's stands a hair above.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
Hoppa! hands down! that shit is dope how you mixed all those samples together. hoooototttttt! ash and nomics your beats were good too. dont feel too bad about it.

T

Tha Pharmaceut

Ash youre shit is on fire, i mean all 3 are awesomely dope but youre sound is so fresh able to pull a listener into good mood, makes me wanna flyyyyyyyyyyyyy. No offence Nomics youre skills are blak belt but i liked ash more(ps i still love your Ghostface rmx). And Hoppa i dont know how much time you put in this masterpiece but it was worth that (all that sampling damn in 5 years youre be RJd2), i mean its all about the taste also i just liked Ash this time.
Good luck to all and keep up the good sound.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Congratulations Holmz! I really liked your beat..

Nomics, you're one of my favorite producers on this site man, you're shit is fire. seriously.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
wow ... im shocked i won... i knew as soon as i first saw the brackets this matchup was bound to happen .... im seriously honored to be in a battle with u guys.... i got crazy respect for both yall .... theres room in the game for all of us..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just to clear things up, in case anyone's wondering:

There's regular votes, then there's the Staff's votes. In this case, the Staff voted more for Holmz than Hoppa. And Hoppa lost by 1 vote. I know it sucks, but it's the way it goes. I remember this happening last year, and the year before too (I think).

Congrats Holmz.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
USA! USA! USA! USA! Do it Holmz. I'm a man of integrity tho and I'll vote for the better beat, but you better come with some heat mayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online