Arturia 2021 Summer Sale

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you guys are interested, Arturia's got their sale going on, some nice stuff here.

arturia.gif

A bunch of Arturia instruments and plugins are on sale, 50% off.

Link: Arturia instruments

Link: Arturia plugins

Battle Points: 153
Due to the G Funk battle, i did some googling for some vst/instruments and lots of searches came up with the same thing; get the Arturia mini v3 (mini moog emulator).
So kinda blind i went for it...this baby should be giving me all the westcoast sounds i needed. Just to find out i didnt use a single sound from it?! wtf.....
It sounds very cheap and thers not a single sound out of the box that sounds good right away! i think it involves some classes of sound design and tweaking getting the presets you want from this little badboy i geuss :cautious:

Anyone got some experience with it?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Due to the G Funk battle, i did some googling for some vst/instruments and lots of searches came up with the same thing; get the Arturia mini v3 (mini moog emulator).
So kinda blind i went for it...this baby should be giving me all the westcoast sounds i needed. Just to find out i didnt use a single sound from it?! wtf.....
It sounds very cheap and thers not a single sound out of the box that sounds good right away! i think it involves some classes of sound design and tweaking getting the presets you want from this little badboy i geuss :cautious:

It's possible, depending on what you're aiming for. I find with plugins most of the time I end up adding FX because the default doesn't do it for me.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Yep. I used it for my g-funk beat. You'll let me know if it sounds cheap... I haven't compared it to other moogish vsts, but it has a good reputation.

It's a mini moog, so the tweaking is limited : 3 osc, a mixer in the middle, then a filter, filter envelope and amp envelope... that's about it. Once you get your head around it, it's a pretty straight forward synth.

Yep. I used it for my g-funk beat. You'll let me know if it sounds cheap... I haven't compared it to other moogish vsts, but it has a good reputation.

It's a mini moog, so the tweaking is limited : 3 osc, a mixer in the middle, then a filter, filter envelope and amp envelope... that's about it. Once you get your head around it, it's a pretty straight forward synth.
Cool, you fully made the beat around the v3? You got me curious man :) I was really missing dynamics in the sounds and originality....twistin 20 oscilators before i get somewhat of a lead isnt really my thing lol. And i cant imagine thats how its supposed to be.

YannFer

Cool, you fully made the beat around the v3? You got me curious man :) I was really missing dynamics in the sounds and originality....twistin 20 oscilators before i get somewhat of a lead isnt really my thing lol. And i cant imagine thats how its supposed to be.
I now can say. The beats I made is around a japanese 80's funk record... Just the bass and the lead on the "busy" parts are the mini V from Arturia. Then there's a KORG Triton piano, and Arturia's Prophet playing chords in there.
Good thing on Arturia's plugin is the tutorials you have if you click on the cog on the right. Makes things easier to grasp.

Haha cool!

I voted for your beat ;) I was already wondering if that was a sample or not, it sounded a bit ''too good oldskool'' to be played yourself. But nonetheless epic :) was diggin the vibe it gave....! Nice man, you own the real Triton? Or a vst? From what i read, shit is loaded with (drum) samples that made the Neptunes famous :)

Ill have a more indepth look at the v3 soon. I had a few hours that day, got myself the vst and flipped a beat i made earlier into some kind of 'funk' version lol.

YannFer

Haha cool!

I voted for your beat ;) I was already wondering if that was a sample or not, it sounded a bit ''too good oldskool'' to be played yourself. But nonetheless epic :) was diggin the vibe it gave....! Nice man, you own the real Triton? Or a vst? From what i read, shit is loaded with (drum) samples that made the Neptunes famous :)

Ill have a more indepth look at the v3 soon. I had a few hours that day, got myself the vst and flipped a beat i made earlier into some kind of 'funk' version lol.
Thanks. Appreciate that a lot.
Nah the Triton is the vst. But it's a digital synth anyway so except for maybe the output amp on the hardware which might colour the sound, it's supposed to be the exact thing. And yes it's packed with the Neptunes /Timbo stuff from the late 90's/early 00's. not only drums.
You can find videos on YouTube of people using the vst to recreate whole beats with stock sounds... I think back in the days, these guys worked with one synth at a time... damn we're spoiled.