Arranging with Maschine

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I was wondering how you guys arrange your beats with Maschine. I think it's obvious that when you want to automate master/group parameters such as volume, chorus effects and other stuff across scenes, you have to go to your DAW for that, and either route groups to DAW channels or export audio to tracks.
Basically I come from an emceeing background, and when I made beats before, they were just a few basic patterns with not much changes going on, so arrangement was never that much of an issue to me. But now that I'm getting more into the producer side, my beats get more complex and I need to master arranging, mixing and mastering. so hows your workflow for that?

another more specific question would be about master compression. do you automate compressor settings for intros, breaks, change-ups and outros? because you obviously don't want that intro piano part to be squashed beyond recognition when settings sound just right the second the other instruments step in.

pce

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
As awesome as maschine is with vst support it cant compete with a daw for what you want to do...I make my patterens, export the sounds and bring them into logic for mixing and arranging...I love maschine for its mouseless creative workflow but I dont like mixings and arranging in it...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
^Agreed...

I do my complete track (intro, outro, drops/breaks, etc) in Maschine...load 4-8 bars to each scene.

When it's time to mix...I just put it all in Pro Tools...any automation is done there...anything that isn't hitting the pads and putting the beat together is done in Protools.

members online