Apollo Brown Makes All of His Beats with 20-Year-Old Software

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Very interesting that he still uses Cool Edit Pro. It's like we've been saying on here for years - it's not what you use but how you use it!

You can definitely use old beat making machines, or the latest controller on the market. It really doesn't matter, just as long as you MASTER what you're using and make it sound dope, period.

There are plenty of people still using old MPCs, samplers, and drum machines that are making dope beats. Then there are some that have a simple controller with software and are doing the same thing.

But then there are some that have everything you can imagine but their beats are average, if that. I still remember when there was a member on here way back that had an old Pentium computer and was making beats with that. Another member was using Cool Edit Pro as well and his beats were on point.

So just remember to know your setup through and through no matter what. If you can do that, making beats will become effortless.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
That's just the thing with professional equipment - most of the good stuff lasts really long and as much as new products might look enticing, you usually don't need it. Hell, I was on Windows XP and 2 GB of RAM until Summer 2018.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's just the thing with professional equipment - most of the good stuff lasts really long and as much as new products might look enticing, you usually don't need it. Hell, I was on Windows XP and 2 GB of RAM until Summer 2018.
What? Are you some sort of MANIAC!?? :confusedphones: LOL XP in 2018! That's both crazy and cool at the same time. I can respect it. Why change if you don't have to?

thats funny because my main computer is a Windows XP with 4 GB of ram and that works better than my laptop thats windows 10.. i have cool edit myself because of 9th wonder earlier stuff with the group Little Brother (he used all FLStudio/CoolEdit at the time). Im mainly a sonar guy but every now and then I use cool edit or even acid pro

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
On a side note, I gave Cool Edit Pro 2.0 another spin on my dad's 64-bit Windows 10 PC and it seems to work just fine. I can barely do anything with it, but that's just because I haven't learnt how to use it - Audacity is good enough a destructive audio editor for me.

Therefore, Apollo Brown might just need an OS update and that would be it.

Cool Edit Pro...I mean, it has the best slicing capability I have yet to see replicated in a DAW. I believe they got bought out by Adobe, and is now Audition? I wonder if it can still slice those perfect samples.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Cool Edit Pro...I mean, it has the best slicing capability I have yet to see replicated in a DAW. I believe they got bought out by Adobe, and is now Audition? I wonder if it can still slice those perfect samples.
Yeah it's been Audition for years, I don't know how the current version is though but the earlier Audition was the same as Cool Edit, just the name change.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Bruce Lee once said, hes more afraid of the man that has practiced one kick a thousand times, than a man that has a thousand kicks. When you know you DAW intimately, you are more able to achieve what you are trying to achieve, than having to learn something new to get there.

members online