Anyone know or have samples from Biggies “Notorious Thugs”?

Andy11885

Hey im new here. I make beats and like to remake beats as a hobby. Im trying to remake the classic Notorious Thugs by Biggie and Bone (its my favorite song of all time)...im pretty good at remaking beats I just have a hard time finding the right sounds. Never thought of trying a board like this. Anything would help...espeacially the drum samples. I taught myself everything so I only know so much about this stuff...hoping someone can teach me something and point me in the right direction. Either having the samples, or even knowing about where to find them and advice on how to look for such things.

Thank you to anyone that can help

Last edited:

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
The only credited sample on that track is Wu Tang's C.R.E.A.M., although it must be pretty obscure. That's pretty much an original composition, not really a sampled beat. I'll ask about it for you, but Bizzy and Layzie told me it was one of Puffy's guys who did the beat, so I don't know how much help I can be on that one.

Bino of Mo Thugs

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Stevie J made the track. Can't find any evidence of any samples though, so either he played it from scratch, or didn't clear any samples. Listening to some of his other productions, like Mariah carey & Bone "Breakdown" (also no samples; he composed it from scratch), homeboy had skills on the keyboard, not just using samples. As far as the drum samples/machines used, or what keyboard/synth modules he played to create that beat, it would be next to impossible to figure out with out asking him.

the only sample listed/cleared on Notorious Thugs is a vocal sample of Wu Tang Clan's C.R.E.A.M.
https://www.whosampled.com/The-Notorious-B.I.G./Notorious-Thugs/

Hope that helps homie.
-Bino of Mo Thugs

Listen to the Beginning of the old show Macgyver like the first 5 seconds and Don't stop ever loving me by One way and you will have the song

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Listen to the Beginning of the old show Macgyver like the first 5 seconds and Don't stop ever loving me by One way and you will have the song
I'm not really hearing that on Notorious Thugs. But, Bone did use a sample of this song on "Don't Stop" on the Thug Stories album. It's a pretty dope track, one of the best on there actually, after the Staple Singers sample.