Any UFC heads?

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
UFC PPV tonight! Anyone watching? who ya got?

Silva/Penn > ___ for me.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Man i forgot about this fight, Im not gonna order it but I got the old dude (Silva). I think his knowledge and wisdom will do the trick.

Well as far as boxing goes...Carlos Quintana just got his @$$ kicked by Andre Berto.

On a different note, why does HBO still employ Larry Merchant? He really needs to retire. SERIOUSLY! This mofo is too old.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well as far as boxing goes...Carlos Quintana just got his @$$ kicked by Andre Berto.

On a different note, why does hbo still employ Larry Merchant? He really needs to go. SERIOUSLY! This mofo is TOO old!

OLD, slow and Bitter. He must be sucking someone's dick or has some dirty pictures about somebody.

I wasn't expect Berto to come through like that.

Especially after he hurt his bicep.

Isn't Silva invincible or something?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
UFC is just as real as it can get, honestly anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Silva is just the man that has endured it all, but he can get his @$$ whopped too.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Silva is UFC's Ali. Showman ship and all. He just gets... safe after a while.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Yea man Penn didnt seem hungry. All the high profile fighters seemed really...safe. Even Silva, though he played around and still demolished maia, by the middle it was like he got scared of getting knocked out, or even hit smh

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Anderson Silva is a complete dick. Yes, he's got major skills, but he's also a major cocky bastard and disrespectful. At least GSP shows respect in the ring, he doesn't dance around and make fun of his opponent.

I'm just waiting for the day when Silva gets his ass knocked the fuck out.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya that's what I'm saying - enough is enough with this guy. Too many times I've seen him goof around in the ring instead of just fighting. He encourages his opponent to come at him, but why doesn't he go at his opponent? I'm glad last night the ref gave him a warning for circling too much, it's about time! He just circled away for basically an entire round! He's gotta realize that the fans pay good money for this.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
OK, I understand everybodies frustrations towards Silva but obviously he's very confident. To go as far as saying all the things in that article is a different story. We don't know whats on the mind of UFC's president Dana White. This man and the people responsible for this write up could have issues other than Silvas antics in the ring.

When you put logic to the equation...you start to ask yourself "well if dude is the president of the UFC, why hasn't he spoken directly with Silva in the form of a warning? (We know he hasn't because it would have been mentioned in that write up.)I mean they all but called Silva a fuggin monkey and I dont agree with that one bit. The entire script was painting a mental picture.

Its one thing to not approve of what he's doing but to write an article thats more about belittling Silva than it is about the fight is just as wrong too. Maybe Silva felt like he could have really hurt this guy if he wanted to and decided to clown with this dude instead of reaally hurting him, maybe not. But just like you all knew that Silva clowned alot...so did the president, the writers at Yahoo, everybody that paid their money, the fight promoters, his opponent and everybody else knew BEFORE the fight!

Mind games are very important in a fight, belittling an opponent is what its all about.
You want to make your opponent angry, and then they make mistakes. Sometimes you can win a fight with the mind games alone, if you can psych out your opponent.
Sometimes just being a crazy mf can instill some fear in the opponent affecting their confidence.
Fighting is like a game of chess, when someone is bigger or harder than you, you have to resort to other tactics, like being totally unpredictable or seem crazy.
No one wants to fight a crazy mf.
The reason Silva hasnt had an official warning is because those antics sell pay per view, and make them money.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya but regardless, Silva is still a bitch.

The good thing is that Dana White is all pissed off and he's telling Silva that he's not worthy of fighting GSP now, so we'll see how that plays out. I would like to see them fight, but not if he's gonna be like this again. Actually a good fight would be Silva vs. Brock, forget about weight classes, just let Brock beat the piss out of him.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Mind games are very important in a fight, belittling an opponent is what its all about.
You want to make your opponent angry, and then they make mistakes. Sometimes you can win a fight with the mind games alone, if you can psych out your opponent.
Sometimes just being a crazy mf can instill some fear in the opponent affecting their confidence.
Fighting is like a game of chess, when someone is bigger or harder than you, you have to resort to other tactics, like being totally unpredictable or seem crazy.
No one wants to fight a crazy mf.
The reason Silva hasnt had an official warning is because those antics sell pay per view, and make them money.

yeah I cosign, Silva is making money off those that want to see him get his @$$ kicked....lol...genius. But that write was a little over the top imo, it had very little to do with the fight and they even posted a fight pic to make it appear as though it was about the fight yet 80% of the write up was about his ring antics. Im about to stop calling myself American.