Any of you do a live show, without an Emcee?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Of coarse I havent done this but its a great thing. Live maschine and making/building a track, maybe have vocal samples then do a solo: Keyboard/Bass (Cause I know you do)/or what ever else you can play over top the foundation you made live. But do know you will be the center of attention! Meaning, the crowd will still be watching your body and facial expressions (with or with out the video) at all times. Unless they are dancing.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Chris, heres the game plan, you can kick these guys ass (jk), maybe throw in a capella or two, do some mashups (All pre made and practiced like a performance, of coarse lol). Remix some new pop tracks or even your own old ones. Go crazy with it haha

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
As I was reading the original post, the first thing that came to mind was the chemical brothers...I think the key is...there has to be a scene for this kind of performance...you dont have to be a scratch dj to pull this off or rock a crowd. These days, having a hype man would work well with this, his job would be to really keep the crowd pumped while you cranked out the beats and mixes. I strongly agree with what Ex was touching on...if you can blend, you can turn some parties/venues out with this type of live performance. People freak at these types of shows. If you come up with a dope gimmic to go along with everything else, you could make a lot of money.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i have, but just hardware :) 2xmpc2kxl, asrx, esi4k, atc-1, virus b, jv880, kawai f-100 and a mixwizard... techno galore

blending live with tt's...jeff mills and his 909

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah definitly would hehe Shit wennt awesome, pretty much everything was composed on the mpc's aswell except at a later stage i edited the score in a midi-thru setup from logic to have some bits automated. Most things i'd tweak on the fly though and the mpc's pattern mutes are just a breeze to work with. I did some clubs, warehouse parties mostly on the warehouse parties i'd go freestyle starting with a few rhytm tracks. I forgot to add the drumstation but one mpc would just deal with drums and one sampler for drums aside from the other synth drums, the other mpc would just be for tweaking. The kawai i used as an extra filter or just to play live (very fast adsr).

Anyway, this is the old school approach, nowadays its about that s4 setup with maschine and traktor but imo, best quality is from a few good synths. The nice thing about doing live sets is that youre connected to the pa and good events have a nice chain set up so you dont need to worry about compression, mastering chain etc. I've blown away people with a mere mpc+esi4k connected via a mackie vlz hooked to a amcron crown fed set of turbosounds with just a dbx 166 between it...shit is off the hook, unlike when i hook up my mp3 or macbook on the line-in of the same setup.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--e-TE4Nqtw"]‪Jeff Mills live with Roland TR 909 @ We love Space Ibiza 2010 HD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

no tricks or gimmicks :)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
haha never much anyway, i wasnt doing it to get my name out. People know what i do, thats how i got bookings but to me its what i like. If i want to make a buck out of it i'd have to do something commercial like since my name isnt ffin jeff mills.