Am I My Brothers Keeper?

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
One of my brothers and I recently discussed this and I'm not 100% satisfied that I got my point across, however, I'm NOT directing this message at him. This message is for those that think - what other people do is their business only or what they do doesn't affect me so it's OK. Oh, and lets not forget - "We are smarter and more humane now, we have learned to accept those things that are detrimental to others." From a religious point of view, this is only a trick of the devil to get you to separate yourselves from one another and to disobey God's Law.

This is a very detailed write but you will get the picture after a few sentences - http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/text/gen4_9.htm

For a non-believers conformation, look at the state of our world today. Anything that affects the way we live, the way people view each other, or even the way we have fun DIRECTLY affects us.

Lets look at our community here at ILL for example. Fade had a vision of creating a spot where people who enjoyed hip hop production could come together, share info, do projects together, learn tips, tricks and so on... Our community was designed to be fun and enjoyable. Ofcourse there are those that will be a problem to our community because of simple human nature and thats why Fade has Moderators (who trust me, I know from first hand experience, that will stick together, whether right or wrong, until Fade has to step in and make a decision, and that is how is should be). If you read the forums you will find that we have even lost moderators because they felt like they were right and Fade said otherwise.

Let's look at how our community functions. If what we do isn't enjoyable or beneficial to what we want, we eventually don't enjoy the experience and we look for other places to go. This is the beginning of our failure. We separate ourselves from our brothers and it chips away from our community. Over time, our community becomes smaller and smaller. Sound familiar? Then Fade has to rack his brain to think of ways to "stop the bleeding" while keeping the original vision intact. He eventually has to step in and try "NEW" things to make the site more appealing.

This is how it works in the world. Our failure or our success basically depends on how we interact with each other. There are no one man shows in big business. There are teams assigned to achieve certain task that will ensure the success of the entire Corporation. I am a "Fade" everyday of my life when I go to meetings. You are a "Fade" everyday that you go to work or do whatever you do that involves interaction with others. The idea is to have a vision, a community, and a failure system in place that will offset your loses and get everything back into place. We need each other, we can't function alone in a community, there's always someone that can help YOU in some area.

Don't think for a second that what your brothers do won't affect you. It will! You have to keep in mind that you are important and your brother is as well. You may not be able to change their mind, you might not be able to make them see the fault in their ways but you still have an obligation to try and show them the right path or eventually, YOU will FAIL!

Sincerely,

dac

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
**In my best Yoda voice** Young jedi, your senses serve you well, BUT, this is not limited to homosexuality. This is associated with the universal definition of existence itself.

Seriously, I couldn't care any less what someone else's sexual preference is. All I can do is stand for whats right and know what the right thing to do in this situation - inform them of the consequences. If they choose not to hear me then thats their choice. On the other side of that situation, if I choose to think that what they do doesn't affect me, I'm just as lost as they are and I need to be informed of the consequences.

There are a kazillion ways to do life WRONG! There's only one way to do life right and the instructions are in a very thick book that has been the number 1 seller everywhere forever!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
All I can do is stand for whats right and know what the right thing to do in this situation - inform them of the consequences. If they choose not to hear me then thats their choice. On the other side of that situation, if I choose to think that what they do doesn't affect me, I'm just as lost as they are and I need to be informed of the consequences.

There are a kazillion ways to do life WRONG! There's only one way to do life right and the instructions are in a very thick book that has been the number 1 seller everywhere forever!

Your post is extremely opinionated based off your views and that's fine and all but, I don't see what the real deal is about this thread.

If you want to step in someones life to preach then do so at your own expense, but not everyone is going to see it the same way you do.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Oh God, I hate libertarians... lol
It would seem like I have so much in common with them , and then they talk more and they keep going nutty.
Its like hearing a republican in denial lol.

I grasp the concept Dac in the fact that if my neighbor decodes to turn they crib into a meth lab and have a bunch of tweekers in my neighborhood Im not gonna keep him unless it in a 6x6 hole in my back yard as that would effect everything around me negatively including more brothers and sisters I need to keep so I mean theres that.

Im not sure what the bottom line point is , but Ill go there with you because Im good at arguing about shit and then winding up neutral. lol

Chris your GOP, only 1 of 2 I like.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
You are affected by everyone. But someones actions, that are self contained in nature should not affect you. There are ways to combat both levels of this. Do you just let the meth lab exist? do you call the cops? etc.

You cant run anyones life. You can ignore them and void their influence, or you can confront them, then resolve the issue.

The 3rd level is, how close are they? Strangers? or are they your literal/figural brother? Everything your brother does will affect your world more drastically than a stranger. Thats the nature. The more strangers affect THE world, the more YOUR world will be affected. BUT, there are still ways to combat such. Flu pandemic? < Flu shots, and hygene precautions. You ususally have a choice in if you are personally affected or not.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ahhh, but..

What if you make NO ONE a stranger eh?
THEN....

You cant let EVERYTHING effect you , I mean as an empath I totally get it, but you have to get a hold on that and go cold on that at some point or you will go nuts.
Your brother can beat off in his bedroom, but not the front lawn ok Dac? Ok Ace?
lol but thats the concept I guess.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
hahahaha ok. It actually mirrors my response in the "Artists Speaking Out" thread. I cant call everyone my brother. I care, but I'm not in a place where I cant ACTUALLY make that change. When I'm famous and have the clout/funds, yea I def will. But right now, it will drain you. Then you wont be able to do too much for anyone.

Unless you meant something diff...? lol

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It would seem like I have so much in common with them , and then they talk more and they keep going nutty.

I agree with that, thats why I say I basically am. But yea they can seem CRAZY.

and GOP? ha ha I disagree with so much about the GOP. Just because I think capitalism is a very fair system doesn't mean I am GOP LMAO

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Good to see you back 7th, you've been quiet for a minute.

It's never easy hearing someone tell you something about yourself especially if it's something that you don't want to hear. But personally, I would listen to them (if they conveyed it in a proper manner...). Of course it would also depend on how well they knew me (what a close friend says would weigh a lot more than say an internet friend). Even still, I would listen and try to make amends in general. I'm definitely not beyond trying to improve myself and my perception.