A little different:

Tried out an acoustic drum kit and various instruments as experimental and to see if i can make them fit in the mix with use of panning.
Thrown it up here for your feedback.
Wasnt meant for an MC just playing instruments on the MP pads and creating some sort of melody.
Thanks to any feedback.

throw some reverb and delay into the mix on the piano and brass/strings. Also try layering strings, woodwind and brass, playing the same thing at different octaves and panned differently to create a 3d soundscape. Use this as a guide for stereo positioning..
089584fe-1ad4-4750-923f-6394ffade4ad

I would say for hip hop and pop style genres its best to center the basses and not pan them to the extreme.
Kicks and snares in the center, pan the hi hats left or right or both and have 2 different high hats play off of each other between left and right.
Things like guitars and keyboards can pan left or right to get them to play with each other or compliment each other, like melody and counter melody for example.

couch trax

Battle Points: 14
I think if you played the harmony tones on the bass this would sound better and move the whole track along. Also a couple of instruments need to be tuned a little. in Ableton the tuner utility is used almost every track I make.

members online