A Few question about using a midi controller for reason

King

ill o.g.
I've just started using Reason and I have a few question I use it with a Raduim49 and a Trigger Finger.

1) How do i get redrum to play on the pads of the trigger finger.

2) Is it possible to flip samples on the Raduim by assigning diffrent pieces of a sample to diffrent keys. If yes then how.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Answer to 1)
try connecting the midi out from ur trigger finger into your midi input on ur radium 49. Try loading up ur drums first.

Yes you can assign samples to different keys either by using Dr. Rex or the NNXT. Usually when you use Dr Rex, it automatically assign the sample. Try shifting the Octave down on ur midi controller.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Heres something that tripped me up initially when i copped the trigger finger:

All of my keyboards normally communicate on midi channel 1, but for some reason the trigger finger is set defualt to communicate on midi channel 10........So in yer prefs, make sure u got the trigger selected obviously, and then select channel 10 and you should be solid.

STEEZ

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
King said:
I've just started using Reason and I have a few question I use it with a Raduim49 and a Trigger Finger.

1) How do i get redrum to play on the pads of the trigger finger.

2) Is it possible to flip samples on the Raduim by assigning diffrent pieces of a sample to diffrent keys. If yes then how.

For question one:

The Trigger Finger with Redrum use Preset 16.That is the general purpose Midi use to learn midi apps. Once you have your TF on preset 16 :By pressing Memory Recall button on the TF then Pad 16 you will be good to go in the Redrum.Then drum channels in the Redrum will be on Pads 1 thru 10 on the TF.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
midi channel 10 is rolands old skool standard midi channel for drums, its something that was picked up by other oem aswell because sequencers like cubase would also have template track layouts with midi channel being the drum (gm/gs/xg).

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
whats good everybody....

i been trying 2 figure this out ALL week can anybody help me out??

im running reason 3 on a mac os x if that matters

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Do you have the Trigger Finger Hooked up to Reason all ready or are you having trouble assigning the pads to each key

my trigger finger is conneceted through usb and its being detected

i just want to assign a pad to a key

Im already using a radium midi keyboard

i have that connected through midi with my mbox 2

and that works perfectly fine with reason

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ok,

on the Trigger Finger hit the edit function (the two buttons together) then the lights will blink. Then hit pad P1 and then the C1 knob will control the key the pad is playing in. You need to work out each pad to your liking then save the setting to recall it later.

let me know if you need more help

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
as soon as i get home ill try it and let u know whats good

thanks in advance

i have like 4 days trying 2 figure this out =\

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ok,

on the Trigger Finger hit the edit function (the two buttons together) then the lights will blink. Then hit pad P1 and then the C1 knob will control the key the pad is playing in. You need to work out each pad to your liking then save the setting to recall it later.

let me know if you need more help

dint work =\

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Load up Redrum and go to your Preferences to the advanced control page and select bus A and make it the Trigger Finger.

Then on the top of the rack where the audio interface is select the channel that the trigger Finger is lighting up on the audio interface and select redrum

Then repeat my steps in the previous post. Do take note that you have to be extremely sensitive to the knob turning the key the pad is playing for.

Let me know.

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I finally got it to work...

what i did was connect my TF to my mbox via midi... press the memory recall button and hit pad 16

BUT, now my midi keyboard is not being detected when i have it connected through a usb port

=\

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Try routing your keyboard through your interface as well via midi instead of usb.
You should still be able to interface the TF through USB successfully and control Reason however.
I remember when i had the Trigger Finger I had to manually assign each pad to the redrum channels but after that it was all gravy.
But if you got it working now finally fuck it i suppose!?....Have fun making music!

members online