A Cautionary Tale

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...lyrics-can-be-used-in-lil-boosie-murder-trial

Please, please,please! I implore you rappers to be careful with what you are putting out into the atmosphere. Stuff like this is only going to get worse. Right or wrong is really not my concern, it's happening like it or not. Twitter is just adding fuel to the fire.

Not just in song, be careful in interviews! I just watched this Yo MTV Raps 40 Greatest Moments, and one clip was of Tupac threatening the Hughes brothers on live tv. Sure enough, he did some time because of it.

I heard a story of Biggie doing an interview which E40 took offense to. (This story is impressive to me on many levels, but that's for a later time). He got jammed up behind it.

Dudes going on radio talkin about stuff, that really has no place on radio or media, it's face to face material. Reporters, and now, a lot of these radio personalities make it a point to bait you into saying something that may come back to haunt you.

I think rap cats should handle themselves like elite athletes in interviews. Look at a Peyton Manning interview, a Kobe, old MJ, Drew Brees, Jeter. You know there are things these people want to say, but won't in an interview. They know how to deflect questions, or answer in their own way w/out coming off as defensive (maybe Kobe sometimes struggles with this).

Err body here I assume have big aspirations. Start seeing yourself on a global level, and pay attention to what's goin on.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
haha atheletes have handlers and even THEN they dont do the right thing in media .
RAPPERS??? Naaaah man , they let they boys fill their heads up and they dont usally have handlers for the media, PLUS you know the industry loves the beef.
I totally agree with you though , they OUGHT to know to not go there with it.

Muszolini

I like beats.
Battle Points: 76
i hear what your saying in parts as where to just bite your tounge in interviews..

but the killer blows are when they get caught doing something opposite.

its hard to crack this down, cos even tupac "apparently" was a very nice guy, loved socializing, that atmosphere wasnt needed for the Capital. think about it..... certain environments we live in or surrounded in is Sick, And this dont mean nothing but only to the people who live in it.

Anything for the Capital, Control, Power, New Ideas, The rush of this "GAME" the industry is waved on.. cos we all arent stupid to think the industry isnt funded or motivated by Hungry imperial Visionists.

so i would praise for any man that jumps into the belly of the beast and then to defy againts it, but is shackled for life.

funny how tupac said he knew he was going to die.. but why? eff knows.
Conspiracy plays its part. then we know shit.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
i hear what your saying in parts as where to just bite your tounge in interviews..

but the killer blows are when they get caught doing something opposite.

its hard to crack this down, cos even tupac "apparently" was a very nice guy, loved socializing, that atmosphere wasnt needed for the Capital. think about it..... certain environments we live in or surrounded in is Sick, And this dont mean nothing but only to the people who live in it.

Anything for the Capital, Control, Power, New Ideas, The rush of this "GAME" the industry is waved on.. cos we all arent stupid to think the industry isnt funded or motivated by Hungry imperial Visionists.

so i would praise for any man that jumps into the belly of the beast and then to defy againts it, but is shackled for life.

funny how tupac said he knew he was going to die.. but why? eff knows.
Conspiracy plays its part. then we know shit.

Dave Chapelle spoke about this