9th Wonder Drum method

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do y'all know what 9th uses in Fl for his drum patterns? I think his drums have a smooth feel that's rare with Fl, but I may just be over listening. Does he just click in the piano roll and maybe change up the volume of different hits like I do, or does he have a better method? I'm curious cause I'm trying to find new/better ways to do the drums in FL and his drums are basically what I'm going for.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol yeah ur over listening his drums r stiff as hell, but i gotta say rigid drum program aint been as much of a problem in recent times.

But if u cant do them stiff drums in FL then u need to practice more

Retro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
From the sound of his drums im quite sure he uses the step sequencer and not the piano roll. tho his drums are stiff his sampling is real 'loose' which gives his tracks a laid back feel i guess. dope producer.

MaZaMuNe

AKA Westnyle Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I know how to do the snares like 9th wonder in FL, get them popping the way he does, you normalize the drum sample and use the IN/OUT to manipulate it, you fuck with it until the IN is about 3/4 to half way and out is 1/4 to half...Sidenote that this does not work with all snares..