70s Rock LPs from Goodwill

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is it just me or do they suck? The Goodwills here have mostly 70s Rock. I find them annoying cause there are no decent samples on them. Maybe a couple good one shots, but nothing to make a full beat out of. Anyone sample anything decent from 70s Rock?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
listen to my track on illmuzik radio

pure 70s rock right there, and its ill as peanuts

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sounds good. That is some bad ass guitars. The records I have sound kinda corny. Either I'm picking the wrong ones or I need to develop my ears further.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Remember there is always someone at goodwill that intercepts all of the Good shidd...Trust me....anything that is any good never makes it to the actual store.....evry now and then it does but there are people that know which albums to filter out or there is someone that is a DJ or collector that gets their hands on the vinyl first.....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
its a matter of taste... just blaze gets a considerable amount of dope samples from 70's rock groups.

"breathe" is a prime example- supertramp. a lot of 70's rock groups used a lot of pianos and keyboards as well...

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I almost ONLY sample from 70s rock and sometime pop, but mostly rock. And I even prefer sampling from rock than soul

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LMNO i no what ur saying alot of that shit just dont jump out at me in the same way muisc from soundtracks does so now i just stick to what i like.

i still peep the rock section but i aint forcing myself to buy that stuff just cos someone else was able to make dopeness out of it, i just gotta find the stuff that inspires me.

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
JPeg said:
LMNO i no what ur saying alot of that shit just dont jump out at me in the same way muisc from soundtracks does so now i just stick to what i like.

i still peep the rock section but i aint forcing myself to buy that stuff just cos someone else was able to make dopeness out of it, i just gotta find the stuff that inspires me.

I know in Richmond(VA) that the goodwill usually reflects the area its surrounded by(as far as records and clothes are concerned). We got about 8 here. I picked up a few good lp's. Flea markets, yard sales, I hit em all. Classic rock is cool with me especially for drum kits and basslines.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
you got to hit up the thrift stores in the suburbs where there are less people diggin for shit... but shit 60's rock is a little better but dont sleep on the 70's rock shit... ive gotten plenty from them... maybe you just got a bad batch.... its definately possible to go through 10 or even 20 wack records before finding the dope one

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thrift stores, garage sales (very good), and flee markets. You just got to keep diggin'. Try more than just one place or in a different city. The more you are exposed to.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Most of the Rock I have don't even have breaks in them. Yeah, the library is awesome. I pick up lots of Blues there.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
yall gota check out yall local newspapers. ive gotten bout 1000 records for like a 100 bux thru there. all in mint/near mint condition. aint no goodwills round my way so i do wat i can.

nomics

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
^word...

My pops got some ill vinyl joints....a lot of salsa...and some old r&b....He even got some early 80's vinyl on 45s.....When I go to florida..I'm gonna take all of them shits....

I think the best way to find hot samples....just try any record....no matter what the genre....

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
can anyone recormmend 70s rock records i.e the ones wqith the most electric guitar solos drum breaks big power chords etc.

Quack

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I never thought about Goodwills or Thrift Stores, but I just began digging. Thanks for the knowledge.

One!