50 cent apparently wants to bring hip hop back to its core

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
For all you producers out there on iLL...here's a chance to start shopping your shit to him.......

I'm a fan of what he's trying to accomplish....I'd support it...but I think it's too little too late......He needs the support from a lot of big names in the game to not necessarily follow his lead but to keep the trend going......$$$ will probably prevent that.....it's the industry that has ruined the game...not the artists...they're simply trying to stay relevant in the game....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ummmmmm. Yea i doubt his version of real hip hop is way diff from ours aka what it really is. MEH.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Another Publicity stunt by fif.....the "fif vs kanye" thing didn't go off to well. I'm sure this is an attempt to invigorate his NY base. I very seriously doubt it'll fly in the rest of the country.

If Jigga or Kanye had said they were going to take it back to the essence of hip hop I just might believe them, him....NOPE! Does he even have the lyrical content for that in the first place? His definition of "hardcore hip" might be the tail end of the golden era when everything went gangsta..in that case he's been doing that imo!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Fif bringin "real hip hop" back...I wonder what he's considered the shit he's been making up to this point? If he hasn't been giving us his version of "real hip hop" up to this point what makes him think I can trust him to bring the music back to the essence now...after "get rich or die trying" I was done anyways.

but if he pulls it off I will eat my words...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I'll believe it when I hear it.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Ummmmmm. Yea i doubt his version of real hip hop is way diff from ours aka what it really is. MEH.

but he is the man that dropped get rich or die trying and its a classic album..he knoes a thing or 2 about making real hip hop regardless itll be alot better than whats out now

members online