5 Mics

D

Dublez

On the Source's list of legendary "5 Mic" albums ......are there any albums that you think didn't deserve 5Mics or are there any albums that you believe deserve 5Mics and are missing from this list?

Five Mic Patheon

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
black star's album deserved 5..... i dont know what it got, but it isnt on that list. stillmatic was overhyped, i think. it got it on the strength of ether and the beef with jay...... and blueprint was a 4 to me, but it did have classics on it.... (song cry........nice thought for the hook)

aquemini...... .now this is where i am stuck...... "return of the g" and "aquemini" are two of the nicest tracks i have ever heard from them.... as well as "da art of story tellin- 1 and 2- but mamacita? far from classic material. "chonkyfire" was very innovative, as well as the concept of "synthesizer", but some cuts just left a bad taste in my mouth.. oh and i loved "west savannah"- it reminds me of southernplayaistic.... and slup as well.... so i guess mamacita just sticks out like a sore thumb here..

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
All eyes on me should deffinitely have gotten 5 mics....or maybe it did and I didnt see it. I liked the rest of the review though. The only one there I hadnt heard was the Brand Nubian album (maybe because I was 6 when it came out lol)

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
biggies first album deserves six mics....

Y

young le

the chronic was one of the ones they went back and added to the list. I think Ghostface "Supreme Clientele" , maybe

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
biggie deserving 6 mics? what justifies that, in your opinion? thats a real question, not trying to clown or nothin... .

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I didn't care for biggies first album ..... I only liked One more chance and that was a remix not on the album (debarge sample). The original One more chance wasn't that great. Big poppa was cool but its a looped sample and so was juicy. The lyrics were good but in my eyes that not a classic. The rest of the music sounded like they recorded without there equipment grounded. (a lot of gritty sounding drums and samples, hiss, hum, buzz.) I never been a fan of heavy sampled beats that sound like a old dusty record.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Both of Big L's cds

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
There is a lot of artists who should be up there. I didn't see any:

Redman

Roots

Gangstarr

I have a problem with the whole 5 mic process. Who's to say what is classic and what isn't. According to their list, the only people from the West coast were NWA related. Not that I'm a huge West coast fan but there were some notables like Quik, South Central Cartel and MC Eiht, Hieroglyfics, etc. And then there was the recent explosion from the South with Master P, Juvenille and the rest of the Hot Boys. I didn't see any of that on the list.

There is something wrong....No Das EFX, Redman, Gangstarr, etc.

I don'y nkow about that list man.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
oh yeah: muddy waters and do you want more!!?? should both be on there.... (redman and the Roots).....

there are artists from the south that were on there; scarface and outkast. a classic is just a clasic... hot boyz' music is like candy; its all sugary and sweet, and even when its hard it still only lasts for a few minutes...... where are those artists now, by the way? just kind of runing around doing..... nothing on the radar, thats for sure. i heard juvies' dis track to lil wayne and it was very amusing...... its just..... i dont know how to explain it without getting southern cats heated.... but hot boyz are kind of retarded man..... like, thats literaly how they sound...... and so of course you are right when you say "who decides whats classic"..... there is no high authority because when you break it down its just the persons opinion. but classics just have a certain someting about them that stays with you forever.....

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Good lookin out Truth Told.

No offense to anyone but one the real, that's why I like a lot of that south shit, its retarded. I got some fam in New Orleans, Memphis and Mississippi and I grew up in Arkansas and everybody is retarded. Then of course there is Three Six...

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Originally posted by Hotshotz
i never heard this big L GUY WHATS The name of his songs
so much hype about him

You got a lot to learn lol j/k, Ebonics was his huge hit, its a sick song. Defintly go cop Big L - The Big Picture, an amazing album.

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
I seen him mentioned earilier about muddy waters dope album hott yeah classic Redman, but a lot of people slept on "There izA Darkside". I liked that album a lot and that was tha only one Redman himself Produced. Yall might feel different! And "Reflection Eternal" classic. "Three feet High and Risin' classic. I'm not sure he got 5micz but Scarface all albums and "tha fix".

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
the fix got 5, it was nice but i dunno... source thinks everything is 4 mics..... and i know i will catch some heat for this selection: commons "like water for chocolate" was indeed a fiver..... i think so at least.

yo ominous... i dont quite know how to take your post.... was that sarcastic? its hard to tell. "yeah, everyone there is retarded...".... funny stuff if it is sarcam, if not, i wasnt trying to say everyone there is.. i just think the music tends to be a little.... um.... welllll....................... neevr mind!

D

DJlow2

yea yo i had like water for chocolate... but that shit got stole or broke... either way i don got it no more... that CD was smooth... one of those play it straight thru CDs...

members online