22 Secrets HR Won’t Tell You About Getting a Job

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
22 Secrets HR Won’t Tell You About Getting a Job

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/22-secrets-hr-won-t-tell-you-about-getting-a-job-2461178/

I laughed so hard reading this lol.

no22 was particularly hilarious:

22. “I once hired someone, and her mother didn’t think the salary we were offering was high enough, so she called me to negotiate. There are two problems with that: 1) I can’t negotiate with someone who’s not you. 2) It’s your mother. Seriously, I was like, ‘Did that woman’s mother just call me, or was that my imagination?’ I immediately withdrew the offer.” –HR professional in New York City"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's a good list, interesting read for sure. But I don't think it's completely accurate, it certainly doesn't apply to all jobs.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Hmmm why do say that Ex? Seem pretty realistic to me..even if it doesn't apply to every hiring manager. good post, some good sense to take away from it.

Some are more of an opinion rather than standard practice which make them unrealistic on normal terms.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit...

That list does make a lot of sense. And the overweight part makes a huge difference, especially if the job requires manual labor.

Unfortunately, a lot of those are true, in my opinion....the "who you know" factor is probably the biggest thing.

My job turns down hundreds of people.... Four people put my name down as someone they know that works there and they all get hired...

And people don't want know what you've done, but what you CAN do.

Cover letters? I never use them....Most cover letters are taken from the internet, anyway.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
^^cosign, well...working for someone else anyway.

Sucio said:
Four people put my name down as someone they know that works there and they all get hired...
2 days later all 4 of them were arrested!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
lmao......nah...I don't hire dummies... They get away with it... =)

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't think its exaggerated at all...these are actual HR reps...and OF COURSE they discriminate lol, corporations aren't built on candy, rainbows, and unicorns