2022 NBA all-star 3 point contest

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't mean the actual 3 point contest, I mean the all-star game! I watched the highlights and it was ridiculous.

I know nobody plays defense anymore but at least TRY to stop someone lol. Plus all the 3 pointers were ridiculous. Yeah it's crazy they can shoot from far but it's so boring. I have no idea how the fans can go see it live and spend all that money.

/rantover

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
posts brian GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Nah the All Star Game has improved since they introduced the new format.

In recent years many had stopped really 'playing' it at all. But new format, people have started playing again, this usually becomes a lot more ramped up in the 4th quarter.

It's hard to be expecting someone in an All Star Game to be playing tight D from half court to stop someone smashing down 3s from halfcourt. But a lot of them actually started pressing Curry to stop him shooting.

I personally think this was one of the best All Star Games I've seen in a while.

It was great to see the two boys from Ohio do really well, Curry 3pt records and MVP, and Lebron knocking down the game winner in Cleveland.

Had a poetic excitement to it.

Ball is Life.

Stay ill.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah the Elam Ending is really good. I saw it a couple of years ago with some other league and I thought it was a great idea. I think they should use that in all regular season games.

I know they're not going to play tight D all game, but at least not be as sloppy. Years ago it was sort of similar but they actually ran plays more. Now it's just:

• Inbound ball
  • Guy comes up
  • Guy passes ball to Other Guy
  • Other Guy shoots it from the nosebleeds or takes it in for a dunk
  • Other team just stands around watching
  • Repeat
From what I saw the crowd was DEAD until the end.

The slam dunk comp has boring for the longest time except a few years ago with Lavine and Gordon - that was dope. But even years ago it was boring because a lot of the dunks have been done to death.

I think they should do:
  • slam dunk
  • 3 point
  • skills comp
But they still need some other shit thrown in to make it much more exciting. I saw Dr. J looked bored as hell lol. Get rid of the older guys already, they look bored too.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I still think Slam Dunk should be last. But the problem with it, as I see it is...

Each year just worse and worse players enter it. Usually you would get players who could actually chuck shit down.

Now it seems like just random players who don't even practise or rehearse anything.

Like you said, Zach and Gordon came through proper.

Skills comp is honestly a bit lame to me.

members online