16 levels in reason?

blkyankee

ill o.g.
Is there anyway i can mimic the 16 levels feature from the mpc in reason. I'm a hardware convert to software and havent found an answer to this question.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Why would you need to?? You have the keyboard in reason which plays the samples on all the keys.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Im not to sure but my cousin loads his sample into that NN19 rack. That will then spread it across the whole keyboard. I still believe if you are working with samples, stick with the MPC.

blkyankee

ill o.g.
Great i see how it maps it across the different notes and plays them differently. Now what if i dont want note differences but i want each key to play the sample at a different pitch, velocity or volume?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
this will be hard to explain if u not fully a customed to the nnxt.

click on the individual sample and select the volume u want it to play at in the panel below. now load up another sample, and do the same. etc.

as for velocity... just press it harder or softer..

for pitch. the automapping does that for u. or u can select the individual sample and pitch it up or down, and even fine tune it. just read all the knobs

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
Mimic Da Mpc

CHECK IT OUT ........ I KNOW WHAT U TALKING ABOUT IVE WAS A MPC 2000XL SPLUS USER............FISRT THING IS FIRST.......{ LOAD UP 2 MIXER}........ OH hold down shift key while calling up the redrum...... so no routing acuurs{ LOAD UP 2 REDRUMS .... ROUTE THE REDRUM CHANNELS IN EACH SEPERATE CHANNELS TO THE MIXER}LOAD SAMPES IN THE REDRUM ...... LOAD THE SAME SAMPLES A FEW TIMES AND LOAD UP A FEW DRUMS AND GET BUSY LIKE DA MPC.WELLLLLLLL CLOSE TO IT..... I LEARN THIS ON LINE A TRICK PASS TO ME....................... SECOND THING ; IS THAT U HAVE A PIANO ROLL IN REASON..........USE IT!!!!!!!!! I JUST STARTED TO !!!!!..........IT HELPS YOU PLUG IN THOSE TUFF NOTE!!!!!.........AND IT ALSO HELPS TO USE A MIDI KEY BOARD.......HOLLA....1LUV ILLMUZIK!!!!!!!!!

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
a trick i do that gives you a similiar affect as "16" levels is load up ya sample in a nnxt then expand the nnxt and you see the sample mapped out or the each part of the rexfile mapped out across the keys. then click on "select zone via midi" and a key and part of the sample will highlite. then click on "solo sample" and it will now play that root sound in a different pitc/note for each key

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
Dependig what sampler you are using!
the dr octo and the nnxt have release
set the the poly to one and release all the way up!

this will allow you to play them like an mpc
now if you want all 16 levels i like using the nn-19 and load up a single shot sample and root note it and bamm it plays all across the keys and pads

another easier way is to get a controller that has the function of 16 levels
i currently use the mpl249 and love it, as it has the 16 level feature

members online