Who's making the SP2400?

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
I just saw this:

And it looks like an E-MU SP1200 but and update, of course. At first I read that it could be Behringer because of this board:

But now with the casing, no one seems to know! I wonder if this is just a mock-up someone has done or is this a real product about to hit the market?

The only one that still want to buy an SP1200 today are collectors because even though it's a great machine, it's extremely limited in what it can do. However, if someone made this SP2400, I can see it being a big seller, especially if you can switch between 12-bit and 24-bit, or something like that.

There's also someone by the name of "low_hiss" that has been working on an SP1200 clone, maybe it's him?

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Those big pads look great, definitely an upgrade from the tiny old ones. If it ends up having an accurate 1200 effect and priced well below €1000, why not?
Exactly. The pads do look really good but yeah if they can emulate that 1200 sound and keep it under $1000 that would be dope. There's already programs that try to emulate and do a pretty good job at it. One I've tried is the D16 Decimort and I like it a lot.

As for pricing, well, I guess it depends on certain factors like if they use regular sized MIDI ports or mini, plus what type of USB, etc.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
The latest I've seen is that:
  • It's not from Behringer.
  • It will be 24-bit but you can also go down to 12-bit.
  • It's real and it's coming soon.
Also, since it's not Behringer that kind of sucks because their prices are pretty good! I'm worried about the price of this thing.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Apparently rumor is that it's a company called ISLA making this.

Be careful with ISLA, the manufacturer, Brad, is a one man team. He builds everything himself, and his other product, KordBot is well behind in shipping to people who preordered via the kickstarter. Also, don't believe the pads will be velocity sensitive (wtf?). I'll see what else I hear.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Be careful with ISLA, the manufacturer, Brad, is a one man team. He builds everything himself, and his other product, KordBot is well behind in shipping to people who preordered via the kickstarter. Also, don't believe the pads will be velocity sensitive (wtf?). I'll see what else I hear.
No doubt. I saw that on gearslutz, it got pretty heated. His Kordbot looks really good but he really should get some help because that must be insane trying to do it all himself!

No doubt. I saw that on gearslutz, it got pretty heated. His Kordbot looks really good but he really should get some help because that must be insane trying to do it all himself!
Yea I don't know how he thought he could handle that. I'd get a kord bot if I could find a used one on reverb tho. BTW, good to see the site still going stronger than ever. I was gone for a few years.

Members online

Latest Beat It Up! Results
Beat #3
13 votes
Beat #1
1 votes
Beat #2
1 votes

dope articles