When did you start making beats ?

I Started when i think i was 12, it was 3 years ago which would be 2016 ... actually i remember that i always loved playing the piano and making beats, i wrote a song with a old midi when i was 5-6 and wrote a poem when a was 4 (trust me, you dont wanna hear it) but i officially started it 3 years ago.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@K-waz when were you an emcee and why did you stop?

Rodas

I don't even know
Battle Points: 43
I'm 26 (1992), started playing the guitar at 14 or 15, started recording at 17 (mostly acoustic guitar + vocals, I can kind of sing). I had "non classical" training and my former guitar teacher is a vocalist/ mixing engineer (quite successful at the latter). I stopped taking lessons at 18, when I went to college and started playing the mandolin at our college's "tuna" (look it up) for about 1 and 1/2 years. Late into my 20th year of existence I started making beats and I'd say last year I started producing lol.
I thoroughly regret not taking an interest in production earlier as my teacher wanted me to learn to mess with Logic in a rock scenario (recording and mixing acoustic tracks and in band environment). I only got through the acoustic recording phase since I had no interest in mixing and finding a drummer here is about as easy as finding a cheap internet provider so I basically just wrote a couple of songs, recorded them and let him work his magic instead of going the hard way and learning what he was doing myself. Funny how life goes sometimes..

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
I started back in 2006 at 18 so over 10 years ago. Im 30 now... I started out of the necessity to need beats, back then while in college at Tuskegee University, it was hard to be able to get producers to even give me a shot with their production. Out of necessity I went and bought my first DAW which was Reason and Ive been at it ever since... Although I've stepped away from the forefront and went behind the scenes, I feel that move out of determination got me to where I am today.

Ok... heres our list so far
Oldest producer : @EsquireMusic111
Youngest producer : @ArvinArmani
Most Experienced Producer : @TjombaBeats

For sure theres a lot of producers/emcees that can be in the list, but many didnt participate.

members online