What different jobs are there for a tour??

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
I know of course you have:

1. Performers
2. Road managers.
3. Dancers
4. Hair Stylists
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. ?????

can anyone help??? im talkin about the pplk thats actually traveling with you.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Personal assistants

Groupies (well they follow you.lol)

Dj (you need 1 im available. Lol)

Security/bodyguards

Man if its small scale you don't need much...

What kinda tour you tryna put together
What size venues? How many dates? You.s. Or over seas or both ?

Etc.. Etc..

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
J-malice said:
I know of course you have:

1. Performers
2. Road managers.
3. Dancers
4. Hair Stylists
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. ?????

can anyone help??? im talkin about the pplk thats actually traveling with you.

I hope you are not serious about the hairstylists? That is when you got it made, in that case i would also have a pubic hair stylist with ya haha.

But on the real, ussually when you get booked there is a tourmanager that will help you plan and handle your shit in the country..
If you are going out on your own make sure to make some good connections and dont take to many people with you, cause every person costs ya money, food, sleeping etc.. if you going to take a dj with you make sure he does something not just start the track...
In most cases of underground peeps coming to europe it is just the artists, this weekend we had thirstin howl, rack lo and brooklyn ac over to the netherlands, just the artists nothing unnecessary..
when you become gay z you can have your own chef with you and that kind of stuff.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YoU END UP PAYiN FOR ALL THESE LEECHES To TRAVEL AND LiVE WHiLE YoUR oN "ToUR", THAT SHoULD HELP YoU DECiDE WHo NEEDS To Go AND WHo CAN SiT THiS oNE oUT.

RELEASE;

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
i feel yall. i like shit happenin on stage tho. and far as da hair stylists i got some females artists, and most of da niggas onmy compilation got braids. but shit good lookin on the tour manager part. and yea i kno all dem leeaches cost money...hopefully i can get some good sponsors.

yo rigormortis how was ppl feelin them artists that came?

how do ppl respond to acts that come to the netherlands period?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
J-malice said:
i feel yall. i like shit happenin on stage tho. and far as da hair stylists i got some females artists, and most of da niggas onmy compilation got braids. but shit good lookin on the tour manager part. and yea i kno all dem leeaches cost money...hopefully i can get some good sponsors.

yo rigormortis how was ppl feelin them artists that came?

how do ppl respond to acts that come to the netherlands period?

Well it depends, non phixion for example has a good live reputation and have been visiting the netherlands more frequent the last 3 years, there are always moshpits at their shows. Also Immortal Technique when we got him was killing it.
But these people have known releases and somewhat of a cultstatus in the netherlands, more like underground heroes sortasay.

As far as i know you have no known releases people have heard of in the Netherlands so that will complicate things for you to get booked and to get people to attend your shows.
Second (i only have heard one or two tracks of you) i believe you are more on the mainstream/commercial tip. And in the netherlands people listening that specific area of hiphop rarely visit concerts unless they are big names like a Nelly etc that have had a lot of airplay on radio and tv.

My advice!
First of all, coming to europe or touring in general with to many people espescially people that are not performing nor managing will be an obstakle. More people = more money and if people dont know you, your product and the way you perform they are not eager to invest. So when touring only the necassary. If you got a dj who doesnt ad anything but pushing the play button of your md or whatever, delete him from the tour.

Second, concerning the fact you arent known that well, I would advise to hookup with other artists that are more known and try to arrange touring with them. That way people coming for them will get to know you. This can be american artists or european artists.

Third, concerning your type of music and again the fact that it isnt that known in the Netherlands I would advise not trying to get over to the Netherlands unless you get more known over here through airplay or you get the chance to be a support act of a more known artist in the same musical category as yourself.

In continuation of my previous point, I would advise you to get your shit going in Germany and if you can get your stuff promoted there you prolly might be very succesfull over there.
Germany has a big hiphopscene which is growing with an enormous rate, though my personal experience is it isnt really hiphop that is growing more urban, mainstream trends that are getting mass folowing, the artists are from my perspective not that great either a lot of wack garbage and a whole lot of US immitating.
But leaving that for what it is a German - US collabo is a thing that has become a trend, the german artists can spice up their albums and get it sold better with US names and the US artists get more promotion in Germany.
You should try to get a collab with Curse, he used to be dope but his latest releases are a bit disappointing but are selling much better and he is very known in Germany. But i guess it would be hard to arrange it but on the otherhand if you dont try you already lost.

Try to get a demo or promo to splash, that is a festival in Germany, Chemnitz, since this year they are more on the mainstream tip concerning artists. It is a big ass festival, lot of nice women to hehehe and it will give you great promotion.

Make sure you got a good show, cause that is what people are coming for and that is what you are coming for.. some artist tend to forget that and think it is vacation, if i see a wack artist i wont buy his products and i will not visit further shows in the future and i will not promote him among friends to be specific i will do the other thing hehehe.

Btw I just know 1 or 2 tracks of you that i heard a great while back and with those in mind i have written the things of above.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
what's funny is y'all forgot the MOST IMPORTANT positions that are a necessity.

FOH Engineer (Front Of House)
System Engineer
Monitor Engineer
Lighting Designer
Lighting Director
Riggers
Stage Manager

etc etc.

Those are supplied by the venue unless you got a fucking big tour going like a dr dre, snoop and eminem or whatever.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
aight coo, so ill do some collabs with them cats. no problem. who else would u suggest? its nuthin to me im well connected. jus let me know.

rig if you wana hear some of my ish you can check out some of the snippets from the compilation...matter a fact. that is what we are promotin on the tour so those songs will be performed. so let me know wassup. u can click the link in my signature.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
aight on the run now i will check it next week when i am back in town and let you know if i forget pm me or something, i will try and lookup a contact for the splash festival for you.