Week of July 17, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
This sample is like like the name implies - ill

Yo Spanish, This flip is hot. This flip stirs some emotion in me, thats what I like in music. Nice cuts, you have hyped up the sampled very nicely. Im gonna get on this when I get in from work I can feel a hit on the way.
Respect to the man Grafik, this sample is sick.

Dabeskeptsekret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I hate to jump in this thread asking a question that im sure is obvious to the rest of you, but how do I grab the DL information in order for me to grab, flip the sample, and get into the competition?

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just hit up the link grafik posted at the top on soundclick.com
if you dont have an account you might have to create one

spanish harlem
that shit is NASTY!!!

you should definatly make some money off that

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yo, sorry I forgot to pot reviews last week I ended up going out of town last minute.
So, with that said I posted a simple flip this week. Nothing really special. Check it out and let me know what you think. www.myspace.com/knoxraw. It's called "Winter in Durham".

BTW, Spanish I like your style man. Your change ups and drums were on point with this sample. Keep it up fam!

Gene Flo

ill o.g.
I appreciate all the feedback and good words about my work.....

Knox i watched your FL Slicer tutorial and dude i was like this guy makes it harder than it needs to be....its all good yo....everyone has their own way....i just load a sample and start finding pieces....

about your track...i liked the flip...i like how u filtered the sample or ran it through a sampler... for the drums they seemed to be on point i like what u got goin on here yo....
the intro is Eerie nice vibe to it....

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
spanishharlem said:
I appreciate all the feedback and good words about my work.....

Knox i watched your FL Slicer tutorial and dude i was like this guy makes it harder than it needs to be....its all good yo....everyone has their own way....i just load a sample and start finding pieces....

I fell you on that tutorial fam. It's really not that hard for me I tried to make it as simple as possible (lol!!!). Anyways, appreciate the feedback.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
knox raw - drums are nice, & bass. v clean, solid track man, good intro
spanish harlem -lol almost had a heart attack when it dropped in, fuckin scary, evil vibe man, this wud be good for an emcee who raps about killing people, you flipped this well man props

Daikomo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah. Dog i think i need to see a video or something on slicing and using FL STUDIO. I'm not a FL user i just happen to have it for hositing Vst's. But i would like to learn to chop and use with in.

Knox- I like what you did man. Good Job.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I think I got a good one here. You can go to my "Myspace" or "Soundclick" link under my signature. It's called "Flippage 7-16" and I hope ya'll enjoy it. I did some composing on top of the sample and I think it's my first successful attempt. One!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
I decided to flip this again. I wasn't too pleased with my first flip. Lete me know what you think. www.soundclick.com/knoxraw "Winter Revisited"

Reviews:

boneidle : You hear shit like no other. That shit is wild fam! Not really my taste but, its a hot flip. Good job.

360: I like the parts you pick. It was getting kinda repetative until you added you instruments on top. You should try adjusting your attack and decay a little more to smooth out. Other than that shit was tight. K.I.M.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
dj 360 feeling it i like the way you chopped it i wouldnt have thought of that n ur highs are dope!

Knox feeling it too the only thing i thiink u should lower the soung on the high hats just a lil bit n ur cooking ur bas is hitting hard n ur chpps are different

Bonidle the 2 step feel is different im mean a whole different way of doing the sample not my cup of tea but i can respect it cuz it aint bad either feel me

this is mine i added on vocal check it out
One of these Days
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4202038&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4202038&q=hi

Gene Flo

ill o.g.
^^^^ YEs trinidad thats what ive been waiting for mayne..... you came up with nice chops...u chopped a different part of the sample i did but it still is dope that is what makes it diverse.... The drums knocked SHOULD HAVE DROPPED MORE BASS.... the arrangement in my opinion is superb... the Chorus part is sick i like voice clip and the chops on that change up... dope

Status
Not open for further replies.